HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Dec 29, 2006, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy064 View Post
Question for Steel or Westcoast - or anyone who may help me understand......

So i was looking at photos of the Central Terminal. The grand interior lobby is being used for such things as the beer festival and other gatherings. There seems to be so much love and interest to preserve this landmakr building and that is great. Exterior and interior shots of the building show some massive decay and it will soon become too late to restore - if it isn't already.

My question is: With the recent demand for quality condos downtown and condos with views - why is the Central terminal not a hot bed idea for residential conversion? I would bet that 2 hours following any announced proposal for any sort of residential conversion - it would be 80% pre-leased.

Any ideas why this treasure is allowed to sit and decay?
Well, not a lot of people will want to pay $2,000 a month to live in the heart of the worst part of buffalo. If CT was anywhere else it wouldn't be in the situation it is in now.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations