HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Aug 12, 2005, 11:54 PM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Here is a map I made for Halifax:

It is not really a "fantasy" map but rather a combination of existing transit lines and future proposals. The solid lines except for the light blue are BRT and are under construction with the Portland corridor to begin service in 9 days (purple/blue). The BRT basically consists of better buses with fewer stops, better stations, some dedicated roadway and advanced signalling. The light blue line is a proposed diesel light rail line that would run along existing track.

The broken lines are for ferry routes. The Alderney and Woodside ferries already exist and the Bedford ferry is being planned. The Purcell's Cove ferry is something that would come in the future. The Shannon Park ferry stop has been proposed as part of a new stadium development.

Rapid transit around the core of the city is notably absent and isn't really figuring into any municipal plans. If I had the choice I'd create a light rail system (probably a loop) on the peninsula initially with a line out to Clayton Park on the mainland.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art