Quote:
Originally Posted by paperplane
Great points, thanks!
I also heard another rumour that the Port/DP World wants to expand to 12 cranes all the way to Lowell Street and move the Digby Ferry elsewhere (? Lorneville).
It'd be interesting to posture what the Port's super longterm plans are for the West side and Lorneville are...
|
I wouldn't mind seeing the Digby ferry come back to Long Wharf like it was a long time ago, although I doubt anyone has the stomach for the cost of the infrastructure upgrades required. Would be cool to see the passengers come and go right from the core of SJ, and have pedestrian access for residents of the Annapolis Valley to pop into Uptown for the day or for events in the city. Probably just as good - or better - for the volume of truck traffic on the ferry too, rather than driving through Lower West.