HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Dec 4, 2024, 7:31 PM
TllrSkyline-01 TllrSkyline-01 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiEncanto View Post
I too hope they figure out how to make the trains faster because presently they are so slow that it's practically unusable if you're going anywhere far.

I think the latest installments will be the death knell for the program. 1, the south central connection is going to be a huge bust. I predict ridership will be nil. The NW connection to the dead mall has been an financial albatross. If the proposed development ever gets done, perhaps ridership will improve but I doubt it. Who wants to spend 30 mins on a train to downtown or 45 mins to Tempe? And the connection to 17th Ave west on Washington will connect exactly... what to downtown? None of these extensions will increase ridership dramatically.

I know I'm in the minority back here but I feel compelled to provide some balance to the discussion. I wish it worked better. I wish usage was growing. I wish I felt safe enough to bring my kids on it.

I am in the minority as well...but I see so much waste and mismanagement with LR and Valley Metro in general. I wish some of the lines would have been better planned...the South central and Metro center lines are a total waste IMHO. Also - I am seeing a significant increase in Valley Metro busses driving our freeways with 'Not In Use' signage turned on every day during rush hour!
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:49 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.