HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Aug 22, 2024, 4:56 PM

My gut tells me the ODP will not contain "future station" TOA planning, but will include new zoning so folks don't need to use CD-1s as much (those are supposed to be mostly ready by 2025) I'd expect once the station locations are confirmed that the TOA policy and ODP would be revised.

The ODP is supposed to be in place by 2026 with a review in 2031, 2036, etc.

The Province could announce UBC extension information / confirmation of station locations by 2030 and I bet the zoning changes would happen over the course of a year for the 2031 ODP update. If the TOA policy is still in place.

EDIT: Reading through the TOA Rezoning Policy for the City of Vancouver (which is new and I've never read yet / didn't know existed)... it looks like once the Province declares new official TOAs a developer could rezone to meet the provincial minimums, regardless of the local area plan. I assume that rezoning would be to change it to the 2025 / 2026 updated district schedules. Since TOAs are in the ODP... I assume there would be no public hearing or drawn-out process, just a few legal items similar to townhomes in Cambie Corridor.

Last edited by GenWhy?; Aug 22, 2024 at 5:36 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver