HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jul 9, 2024, 4:20 PM

Local star Konnor Griffin secures $11,000 for local Jackson ball field

Video Link

Quote:
JACKSON, Miss. —
Jackson Prep star Konnor Griffin was expected to make some headlines this month. We thought it would come next week, when the LSU commit will likely be picked early in Sunday's MLB draft.

Griffin instead made some waves six days early, when he presented an $11,000 check to the president of the North Jackson baseball and softball fields on Monday.

"I think it's going to be immeasurable; the benefit that it's going to bring to our kids," said North Jackson Youth Baseball and Softball president Smith Boykin. "I remember from being a young guy out here when we used to have the Jackson Mets across the street, but they've got somebody in real life that they know has gone to school with them and their friends. They're gonna remember him for the rest of their life."

Griffin won the grant from Gatorade. He automatically secured the first $1,000 after claiming Mississippi's first ever national Gatorade Player of the Year award. He won the other $10,000 by submitting a video about why Gatorade should fund his cause. The sports drink brand then picked Griffin over other Player of the Year winners.

"The little fields that you see when you're passing in; I remember playing wiffle ball games out there while I was watching my older brother play," Griffin said. "This has a place in my heart. I've played here a good bit, and being able to help out and give back to the place that helped me get to where I'm at is super cool."

Griffin said he plans to continue to give back as he continues in his career, either in college or with the pros in the MLB.
https://www.wapt.com/article/local-s...field/61538824

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations