HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jun 13, 2024, 8:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigs View Post
Personally, I consider the Bay Area and the Southland to each be a single metropolitan area, but the powers that be disagree. So we have each of those regions split into not merely two, but multiple MSAs (e.g., Santa Rosa and Oxnard-Ventura). It's not that LA and SF "benefit" from anything here, it's just how the comparison is being made. I suspect many other areas would see a change in the numbers and perhaps rankings if we compared CSAs.
You said Vegas, Miami, and LA "do well" on this list, but take issue with my use of the word benefit? LA 'benefits' in this sense by having a better ranking on this list due to the IE being a separate MSA. Not that anyone cares, or even knows, about this list besides this handful of nerds on SSP

I'm quite familiar with how the census defines MSAs, and the oddities that abound with metro area divisions. Depending on the subject of the list at hand, having adjoining metro areas separated can either make a region rank better or worse/higher or lower. I agree that the greater Bay Area should be a single MSA. I also agree that the IE and LA should be a single MSA.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions