HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jun 12, 2024, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
For YFC, I may be blind to the current use, but I don't really see much use as a cargo airport for it, mostly because we don't really have cargo infrastructure around it to make use of it. Lincoln road would need updates; and really Fredericton isn't really the sort of place you think of when you think of Cargo.

I'm not sure if a Freddy-SJ Airport would happen; but if it did, YFC would probably be demoted to just a commuter/education airport, mainly for government and business traffic, and probably continuing/expanding use of the Flight School.

YSJ is pivoting already for more cargo use, and SJ already has a lot of cargo experience in general, so pushing YSJ further towards a Cargo purpose would make sense.
I thought I’d read it previously that YFC already has a higher cargo volume than YSJ, but I’d have to look into that again to be sure.

Seems getting any big idea to happen in New Brunswick is pretty challenging, but not impossible. While there tends to be some competition and even animosity between Saint John and Fredericton, working together on turning this idea into a a reality would be good for both cities in the long run. The two combined CMAs would be well over 500k one day, and an airport located 30 minutes from each CMA just makes logical sense, and not only would it be good for Fredericton and Saint John to have an airport to compete with YQM, it would be a good thing for Moncton too. 20 years ago there was only 1 major airport in the maritimes… I’d like to think 20 years from now it could be possible for there to be three or even four good airports in the Maritimes if PEI's population really explodes.

Lessening the confusion between Saint John and St. John’s would just be the icing on the cake for Saint Johnners, but the increased availability of flights is the real crux of why it should happen, for both Saint John and Fredericton.

Last edited by EnvisionSaintJohn; Jun 12, 2024 at 6:13 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces