HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 23, 2024, 3:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO 044 View Post
^To be honest I think there's now two of you drinking the Kool-Aid.

There are no guarantees that AMS flights are transitioning to other hubs sooner or later. There are so many options solving AMS supposed congestion like using larger aircraft, eliminating flights from AMS to cities within two hours, moving sun flights from AMS to RTM. Everything is before the courts and the EU generally favors competition. The EU has already ruled against lowering traffic at AMS and favored with the airlines including KLM. If you move aircraft to other airports, you are moving the congestion, noise and pollution to other airports so you're just imposing the negative effects on others and last time I checked the EU is one big country.

From comparing the 2 airports strictly myself it looks like AMS has more connection options than CDG. I personally would take AMS over CDG any day. FRA is finishing up on a new terminal so BRU will be no game changer anytime soon. CPH has too much backtracking for it to be a premier hub but that's my opinion only.

That's the point. It won't get more profitable traffic from YEG. We haven't even got Icelandair back. Condor is really a niche route with only 2 flights per week for the summer. KL relies more on economy traffic than business traffic like say BA so I think they work out here. Let's hope that KL flights to AMS remain. I think their African network is a bit of distinguisher from others and the amount of destinations KL has in Europe is very competitive to someone like LH and SK. AF and BA seem to only connect to premier type destinations/capital cities. AF will fly to YYC faster than YEG and compete head on with WS.
I don't think you get my point...But you can do the research. AMS will become very restricted eventually and this has nothing to do with EU regulations. The people of AMS are against expanding AMS. In fact, they want the government to shrink its size.

Ultimately, for AF/KL future growth will have to rely on other hubs. Not suggesting this will happen tomorrow, but they are even exploring Tap Portugal as another acquisition to mitigate risk.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton