HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 22, 2024, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainView View Post
Pre-clearing in YOW and going via ORD is so much better than AC via YYZ. Is this your experience too? Makes the connection at ORD a lot more smooth/simple.
Completely agree. I'm always preaching to friends/family that it's better to pre-clear at YOW and connect via ORD, EWR, IAD etc. for TB destinations, instead of connecting via YYZ/YUL. I've noticed many infrequent travellers I know opt for the latter just out of familiarity with AC (despite UA being a *A partner) and I guess an affinity for Canadian airports. People are used to choosing the option with YYZ or YUL involved without taking a second to realize that there are better options. Same goes for clearing CAN customs upon return - the NEXUS / ArriveCan pre-declaration queues at YOW are a breeze, vs trying to do that at YYZ/YUL with a tight onward connection to YOW.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation