HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 16, 2024, 5:22 PM
Creative Ambitions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadandMarket View Post
Yeah most of Houston, San Antonio, Jacksonville and Phoenix are less dense than most areas of Delco and the main line. Jacksonville is 875 square miles, Houston is 672 and Phoenix is 520. These cities all annexed massive areas over time and Philly's border has not changed since 1854. We'd actually be a lot better off if parts of Delco and Montco were in city limits, it would really help the tax base. But yeah comparing massive cities is just apples and oranges.

Boston, SF, Philly, Chicago, NYC, LA and DC are the big urban cities in America. Denver, Minneapolis, Atlanta and Seattle are in the next tier.
I always ponder what stopped the city from expanding the City Limits more.

Why did they do one annex in 1854 and than after that nothing else, majority of the areas around the City borders are PHILLY.

In reality Bala Cynwyd, Upper Darby, Parts of Delco, Jenkintown, Lansdowne, Shit I'd even throw Chester in there should be in the City Limits.

If you wanna go even further Camden is East Philly.

But yea I wonder why we never expanded even further.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development