HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 11, 2024, 9:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbandreamer View Post
I liked Alberta. The sad reality is that aside from Montreal and Southern Ontario, Canada feels empty and devoid of economic opportunities. (Compared to Western Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana which I've been exploring: pick any random small town and the list of famous people, inventions, industry there vs small town Canada, especially in the West, is astonishing. Eg. Meadville PA.)
Alberta has the strongest economy in Canada, and Calgary has been outgrowing Ottawa for the last 25+ years. The statement about Western Pennsylvania/Ohio/etc. makes no sense at all, considering that area is part of the rust-belt, and most towns and cities are in decline.

Quote:
Ottawa Gatineau (the Quebec side does feel more like Alberta, overall less prosperity and more frontier vibes) simply has the infrastructure, architecture, history, mixed employment opportunities that makes me think this is an ambitious city that will eventually become Canada's third largest.)
Ottawa-Gatineau has gone from #4 to #6 in population since the beginning of the 21st century. There is zero chance it outpaces the two Alberta metro areas, let alone Vancouver, with almost double the population.

Last edited by BlackDog204; May 12, 2024 at 1:53 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada