HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 8, 2024, 4:14 PM

This area of Philadelphia is going to be one to keep an eye on for years to come:

https://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phil...onrail-tracks/

All of these projects saddle the Conrail tracks, which has long been the divider between fully gentrified Fishtown and fast-gentrifying East Kensington and Olde Richmond from Port Richmond (a long-stable neighborhood beginning to see spillover from the two aforementioned neighborhoods) and the Kensington that most people are familiar with. With development pressure from Fishtown and East Kensington spreading north and northeast, and with the City finally cleaning up the open-air drug market along Kensington Avenue, the projects mentioned in the article are going to push the development wave firmly over the tracks.

In the future, I firmly believe that my wife and I are going to talk about Kensington in the same way that my mom talks about Northern Liberties. She loves to tell stories of how Northern Liberties was a seedy neighborhood full of crackheads around the time I was born in the mid-90s. Our future children may find Kensington to be just as trendy as my wife and I find Fishtown to be today.

Temple University '18 ']['

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions