HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted May 7, 2024, 3:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwell View Post
There's obviously exceptions but anecdotally the individuals I know receiving direct funding during COVID through CERB needed it to pay rent as their employment was essentially placed on hold. Those that benefited during COVID through decreased spending (like myself) didn't receive any real benefits - just were lucky enough to remain working salaried at home with far fewer things to spend on. That's certainly a factor in the situation we've ended up in but it's correlated more highly with restrictions on the economy rather than direct spending.
There was definitely the factor of "enforced savings" for those who were lucky enough to seamlessly shift their existing employment to work-from-home. I temporarily relocated from my condo to my parents place for a few months at the beginning of Covid since they have a large property and a gym in the basement. I still remember in April 2020 my visa bill for the entire month was something like $70, with a couple subscriptions, an ebook, and a video game purchase to keep me occupied.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada