HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Apr 26, 2024, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiguy View Post
Well that's an awfully big investment from Honda. I must admit I was scared when I first heard the potential of Honda opening an EV plant in Ontario and the whopping amount of subsidies they would demand like VW in St.Thomas & Stellantis in Windsor. Those 2 plants could cost taxpayers nearly $30 billion over the next 25 years if the US IFA stays in effect. This $5 billion split between Ottawa & QP seems a lot more reasonable.

It is interesting that it will be a total investment of 4 plants but only the 2 in Alliston were confirmed today. Apparently, odds are on that one of the plants will definitely be going to St.Clair Township {Sarnia} but the other one is a bit more up in the air. Some have suggested it could end up going to Oxford country just east of London.
Good to see the feds (and Ontario) recognizing the dramatic shift away from oil and gas to more sustainable energy sources. If government is going to invest I think history is going to show they made the right choice.

As for all the talk about subsidies for oil and gas, the NGO are being creative in their accounting. At worse deceptive. Does not change the fact it is a subset industry. Trans-mountain is about getting the most return for the product we are already exporting. Solid decision, we can't trust the US to be the man in the middle.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada