HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Jan 13, 2024, 1:13 PM
bodaggin bodaggin is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justanothermember View Post
If I didn't know better, I would swear that there is some sort of government conspiracy to prevent appropriate road infrastructure from being built in this province (which includes both the NDP and the Tories), and that articles like these are out to poison the general public's minds through scare tactics into thinking that structures like diamond interchanges can't be done, or at least completed at reasonable prices. Ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengler Avenue View Post
Even $30 million is a bit high for a diamond interchange.
An investigation is warranted either way.
100% agree. If this isn't a misquote, something isn't right.

I've reached out to the Brandon Sun journalist to confirm source of this $100m number (I couldn't find it in the 179pg Carberry document or the presser video).

I've also emailed Nelson River and Sigfusson to see if they'd toss a ballpark cost. Don't get hopes up regarding response. May shed light on the "construction mafia" theory.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:11 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.