Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown
This is interesting.
I have a front seat view to this given I live in a new development in city limits. So many of my neighbors in Northbank have moved here from out of state.
Just last week I met a neighbor who moved here from Maryland last month. She's a former investment banker from Goldman who took time off to have kids and her husband is a hedge fund manager in NYC. They were living in Brooklyn prior to the pandemic and both working in NYC. During the pandemic they moved to Maryland to be closer to family as both were working remotely (she has since quit). In spite of family pressure to stay close, they moved here as a sort of compromise. They're an hour and a half from family (including elderly parents) if needed and an hour and a half from NYC via train for work.
The story of many of my neighbors is the same. Many work in NYC and have moved here from somewhere else. It seems as though weekly I meet people at neighborhood watering holes in Fishtown who are newly arrived in Philly but work in NYC and live here.
|
What is Northbank like? It's seems so isolated from anything in walking distance. I know you can walk to the shopping center in Fishtown, but it's not an easy walk crossing Delaware Ave and then under 95. I guess it'll be way nicer once graffiti pier is turned into a real park and the river trail extends behind Northbank. It's crazy they didn't put a single retail space in that project.