HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Dec 2, 2023, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigs View Post
GenWhy,

I'm glad to hear it meets your expectations and that you enjoyed the ride. I hope Edmonton can have one of the best public transit systems in the country. It already seems decent overall.
Even Toronto has much improvements, expansions to make (a few underway) after decades of languishing. The Flexity streetcars have been a great addition.

I look forward to future ETS LRT expansions and watching the ridership increase.
I agree the new streetcars were a nice ride when I was in Toronto last year. Smooth. Quiet. I am very excited about the West Edmonton Mall leg of the line and it's been cool to see the system they have in place to install the elevated sections. Same as the SkyTrain which makes for super quick construction.

the other element I'm very excited about is the City's recent zoning changes to allow more local commercial. Very excited to see the 1950s / 60s areas I grew up in turn into more lively 1920s style communities!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton