HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Nov 16, 2023, 8:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
Good to hear that my experience was an anomaly. I have no idea what the "trial" was either as the signs didn't elaborate. Regardless, it's this type of experience which will sour travellers from using particular airports.
I also fly out of YOW fairly regularly, but mainly domestic. Every time I have used the Transborder area, it has been comically quick. Like, I can't even get my shoes off fast enough that security is waving me through the metal detector.
The YOW transborder area is a bit dated... but if you try the YOW connection on the way back to YEG, I think you will enjoy it. There are Nexus kiosks when returning to Canada. I have been able to go to the bathroom, then go in the Nexus line, and beat my friends through customs who don't have Nexus.

Also the domestic Nexus line in YOW is amazing. I waited no more than 2 minutes at 5:45 am when it was very busy about a month ago. The general line was likely 10-25 mins long though.

My travels take me through YYC a lot... and their non-Nexus domestic lines are insane. I'll take YOW 9 times out of 10.

Hope you try out Porter via YOW again!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada