HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Aug 28, 2023, 6:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade_Jim View Post
That was an old design. The new design is a big improvement. I say that as someone that bikes 15-20 miles a week in center city. Putting the bike lane in the middle is much worse than having it on the side. If you want to stop at a business mid-block it's a pain in the ass, especially on a street as busy as Spring Garden.
What's your preferred arrangement? Two way on one side of the street or one way parking protected on each side? Or something else? (two way on each side?? A boy can dream...) Personally, I wouldn't hate two way lanes in the median but it feels like the most engineered solution, which typically ends up being the least neighborhood friendly.

Something really needs to be done though. It's obviously just confirmation bias (it's on my mind so I'm noticing it more) but I swear cycling traffic on Spring Garden has picked up in the past month. Every time I cross at 15th or 16th, I see cyclists going by. Last week I saw 6 cyclists at a stop light that were clearly not in a group together. That would triple if we had proper protected lanes.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development