HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Oct 29, 2008, 7:42 PM
The Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
The problem seems to be closed minded thinking - or so it seems. I think i would be crazy to think the city does not look at all options but it seems like it here. I have talked to some of the top city engineers on this project and they seem to say an underpass will cost between $25 and $40 million because of relocation of utilities and lift stations etc. I can see how that can break a project with an overall value of approx $65 million. But where is the option of a simple OVERPASS. No relocation of utilities, a 4 lane bridge over Rothesay with no access to the residential street. How much might that bridge cost - $10 to $15 million. Seems doable.
Maybe there is something I don't understand, but why would they not consider having Rothesay as the street that becomes a bridge passing over the CP Trail (as in, CP Trail is built on the surface), no need to dig down and move sewers around, etc. As well, there would be no Rothesay to CP Trail onramps. They can drive to Henderson (or Gateway/Raleigh ?) if they want to get on the CP Trail.

This way, they only need to build an overpass bridge for Rothesay that is two lanes wide, rather than 4 lanes if it were the CP Trail as the overpassing bridge.

Just to provide a crude visual of what I'm trying having trouble explaining:

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan