HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #21  
Old Posted Apr 26, 2013, 4:21 PM
destroycreate's Avatar
destroycreate destroycreate is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,678
I love SLO! I had always just driven through it before until last summer when I had some Italian friends visiting CA. We did a little road trip around the state, ending up doing Highway 1. We were so tired from all the sightseeing in Carmel/Monterrey and it was getting late so we decided to find a hotel in SLO. I'm so glad we did, because that night there ended up being some sort of street festival that apparently happens every week. All the stores were open very late, the restaurants and sidewalks were packed. It felt like the atmosphere of a southern European town in the summer.

I found SLO to be incredibly charming, walkable, and beautiful. Perhaps when I'm older I could definitely think about living there.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #22  
Old Posted Apr 26, 2013, 6:46 PM
montréaliste montréaliste is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chambly, Quebec
Posts: 2,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMetropolis View Post
very beautiful city, reminds me of santa Barabra almost.
Yes, a looser version of SB I found also when traveling there in 1990. A girlfriend was studying Landscape architecture at Universite de Montreal and spent two semesters at CalPoly. It is a charming city with lots to see. Morro beach is lovely and the beautifully superlative "Madonna Inn" is a charmer too!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #23  
Old Posted Apr 26, 2013, 9:31 PM
sterlippo1 sterlippo1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 1,266
the Madonna Inn is a very cool place. Every room in the inn is different, some very bizarre, i remember the back wall of a suite is rock, the side of the mountain in back. It was the guy's wife's hobby, adding on rooms to the motel and each one extremely unique
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #24  
Old Posted Apr 27, 2013, 11:21 PM
mello's Avatar
mello mello is offline
Babylon falling
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,675
Great thread, lived up there for 5 months back in 2004. Explored everywhere, great hiking too. Never new about Poly Canyon with those experimental structures...
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:18 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.