Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaican-Phoenix
On another note; harls, could you give me any information relating to sites in Hull that are slated for skyscrapers/low to mid-rise condos? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
|
The major developments I've heard of are at rue Laval/hotel-de-ville/promenade du portage (the old Motel duvernay) which is slated for demolition. There's supposed to be a tower or two going there (15 floors being the highest). There's also Place du Portage which has had a rendering up for at least a couple of years (you can see it on the skywalk across rue Hotel-de-ville, I think Gatt took a picture of it recently).
At the corner of Eddy and Prom. du Portage is an empty lot (next to the Bank Hotel) which had been sold a few months ago, but nothing's happening there yet. I don't imagine anything huge would be going there, but it's nice to dream.
That and the two renderings you posted are all I know for downtown. There's a scattering of mid-rise projects across the city (we're talking max. 8 floors for most) Domaine des Trembles (st. raymond/des grives), UQO expansion (3 storeys, almost complete); The seniors residence on St. Joseph blvd (8 storeys), a few other seniors' residences in the old city of Gatineau, another in Aylmer, the reconstruction of the Station restaurant that was burned down last winter (it's much more massive than before).. a federal building is supposed to be constructed on de la Carrière near the casino, not sure of the height, but I'd guess 10 storeys like the rest of those blue-green tinted glass buildings they have there.
Man, I'm rambling... hope that makes sense.