I did make a thread in the highrise construction thread for this building but seeing as how they havn't done anything els yet since groundbreaking it nothings going on with it.
Have they started caisson drilling or has anything else been built that will be part of its permanent structure? If not, this building should not be in the constuction thread. Site prep is what is sounds like to me.
They have put up barracades up and the coverd walkways at least along 2nd Street and probably starting along Congress today. They do have some equpment on the site already but Im sure we will see the Heavy movers as Goldenboot mentioned in a week or so.
I was by there tonight and took a peek. The parking lot looks to still be intact, but there's a pile of dirt (groundbreaking dirt?) The buildings on the west side of the site are gone though.
With them ripping up the parking lot and starting the actual site prep, I've gone ahead and merged these two threads in 'Highrise construction'.
Also, I sent David Mahn an email. David is the vice president of Benchmark Development who is developing The Austonian. I asked him if the height of the building has changed at all with the elimination of the ring around the top. He double checked for me with Bob Albanese from his office to confirm the heights, and said yes, the heights we have listed (683 feet) are still good.
I noticed one day this week they had dump trucks coming by hauling off all the dirt. I'll try to swing by there tomorrow on the way to the office to see if I can get a few shots.
I'll be keepin y'all updated on this project through out next semester as I will be an intern on this project with the contruction company building it.
I'll be keepin y'all updated on this project through out next semester as I will be an intern on this project with the contruction company building it.
Thanks in advance! Your efforts and contributions will be very much appreciated...
boy i cant wait to get back to texas and see the sites... Austin and San Antonio and Dallas all will be differnt in 2 years time! ! this is gonna b a SICK building..maybe one of the best in TeXaS ! !! !