HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > London Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy

Old Posted Jan 31, 2011, 6:47 AM

St. Thomas' Economy

The St. Thomas Economic Development Corporation released a video advertising St. Thomas to future businesses. I thought I would post it in the economy forum instead of the video forum. We can discuss our thoughts about the video and St. Thomas' economy in general!

Video Link

Old Posted Jan 31, 2011, 5:49 PM
Beefeater

Here is an indication of how St Thomas is doing. Last April there was over 1 million square feet of warehousing/industrial space in the city available for lease or purchase.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2011, 8:52 PM
User Registered

Wow they really buttered up this video. So far from reality.

Not one con was mentioned. I've seen promotional stuff for other cities and they list a couple and what they're doing to overcome it.

Best in North America? That's one hell of an overstatement. Best in the world? Now that's a joke.

I also love how you can't comment on their video on Youtube. They have to approve it first. Say anything real there and it won't be added.

Some needs go get off their high (iron) horse.

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted Feb 6, 2011, 6:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highinthesky View Post
Here is an indication of how St Thomas is doing. Last April there was over 1 million square feet of warehousing/industrial space in the city available for lease or purchase.
That's not going to be the case anymore. One of the biggest factories in St. Thomas that closed because of the recession was the Sterling truck plant. That was 500,000 sq. feet. That has been purchased and is now the new home for Masco, that used to be in a smaller factory in London. So, really, St. Thomas isn't as bad as you may think...

Old Posted Jan 31, 2011, 9:01 PM
The Vomit Bag.

2:35 Holy Cow, they've resurrected Wilford Brimley!

cloudintegration.files

Why didn't they mention the great concentration of tattooed grandmothers? With skeletal dragons completely covering their back? I visit often, and I am always perplexed by the fact that almost everybody seems to have an excess of dragon/skeleton tattoos.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > London Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy