HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Old Posted Feb 25, 2010, 9:23 PM

100 King West Questions

So I was looking over the city during the evenin this week and saw how dary the top half of 100King West is. It got me wondering if anyone on here knows if there are an companies looking to move into these empty floors.

I know the Hamilton Police Services need more office space, Why can't they move into there. Its still close to there current Building.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2010, 12:52 AM
Bruatalism gets no respec

Good question. The top 10 floors are kept dark. Check the elevators there are some that only service 11 - 25. Those are closed. Yale (owners) pulled the same thing with Stelco Tower that they did with Jackson Sq. Made a huge portion dark for a rebate on prop taxes.

Yes there are plenty of tenants I could think of that would be a good fit for 100 KW. HPS is one i didn't think of, but that's a good one. So would the City Staff instead of walking into a scam deal with Lister, Board of Ed, McMaster... etc

Old Posted Feb 26, 2010, 4:38 AM
Hammer'd

Definitely no short of office space downtown. This building is among many others with large swathes of dark windows. Let's hope that LRT will help us fill them up.
"Above all, Hamilton must learn to think like a city, not a suburban hybrid where residents drive everywhere. What makes Hamilton interesting is the fact it's a city. The sprawl that surrounds it, which can be found all over North America, is running out of time."

Old Posted Feb 16, 2011, 6:13 PM

mystery lights

The top floors of this building always being dark has been bothering me for sometime now. That is until I noticed lights on one of the upper floors one evening. Since then, I've realised that the 4th floor from the top (i think) is lit up every saturday evening, but no other nights of the week. What gives? Can anybody solve this mystery for me?

Old Posted Feb 16, 2011, 6:30 PM

It was a few years ago now, but I went into the upper floors of this building once. The top 10 floors were completely unoccupied at the time, the elevators were even closed. I ventured onto several floors that were completely gutted right down to the concrete. Some of them had construction materials laying around but little sign of activity.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2011, 8:32 PM

25th floor:

Old Posted Feb 17, 2011, 12:36 AM
Hammer'd

That's really sad, with the old stelco sign there...
"Above all, Hamilton must learn to think like a city, not a suburban hybrid where residents drive everywhere. What makes Hamilton interesting is the fact it's a city. The sprawl that surrounds it, which can be found all over North America, is running out of time."

Old Posted Feb 18, 2011, 5:10 PM

neat shots - definitely confirms that floor 25 is indeed empty. Are they recent? And is it easy for one to gain access to these upper floors? I wouldn't mind doing a little snooping around!

Old Posted Feb 21, 2011, 11:07 PM
Hammer'd

It's pretty easy if you play around with the elevators and use some stairways but the security guards aren't stupid and have caught people up there. I've been all the way up to the roof years ago.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2011, 4:40 PM

you used to be able to view all vacancy info here:
http://www.yalecanada.com/100_King_Street_West.html

but either there is a bug with the site today, or they have taken the vacancy listings off the site.

The same can be said for all the Jackson Square bldgs that Yale manages.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton