HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Oct 5, 2014, 12:38 AM

Sailing Fort Lauderdale

deleted

Last edited by Sketching; Feb 27, 2016 at 7:38 PM.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2014, 2:59 PM
The City

Great tour of a city I have yet to visit

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted Oct 5, 2014, 4:17 PM
Universal Traveler

Smile

Yes, very nice tour. Fort Lauderdale looks really pretty and interesting. I´ve liked its canals, beaches, mansions and yachts. It looks a very wealthy city.

I´ve driven along the Florida´s Turnpike, highway 95, in our route from Miami to Cape Canaveral and later to Orlando, but we didn´t stopped by Fort Lauderdale. I realize it´s worth to stop there and have a walk or sailing its canals.

By the way, Cristopher Cross´Sailing is a very appropiate song for this tour. I like a lot this singer.

Congrats and greetings from Madrid, Spain.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2014, 4:28 PM
Selfie-stick vendor

Miami's saner cousin. Nice pics!

Old Posted Oct 5, 2014, 6:14 PM

Really nice photos. Definitely a pleasant place to drop anchor and re-charge the batteries.

Fort Lauderdale reminds me a bit of Jacksonville, where I lived for about a year and still visit frequently. I like how downtown Fort Lauderdale is closer to the beaches, though, and it has a much nicer downtown than Jax.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2014, 6:20 PM

Nice pictures. I haven't been to Fort Lauderdale in about 12 years, but I want to go back. I spent time in Lauderdale Beach (is that the neighborhood?) and got to see the area, and Sunrise Boulevard, just as it was starting to boom in the 2000s.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2014, 8:11 PM
Chillin' in The Burgh

So much money...

Old Posted Oct 5, 2014, 8:59 PM
Illustrator, editor

Nice city with all this water! I suppose that many tourist that go to Miami also visit Fort Lauderdale, right?

All my diagram drawings - more than 700!:
http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?14670510

Old Posted Oct 6, 2014, 4:04 PM
robert die katze

Very nice. I have never been to Fort Lauderdale, but it's on my radar to visit at some point.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2014, 5:26 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

hey i know these views very well -- nice to see a thread on them! i went sailing in fort lauderdale a couple times via a friend of a friend who lives and has a sailboat along the canal. once we tried to go out to the ocean, but couldn't get out of the inlet due to the rough water.

sailing there was a lot of fun, but trickier and more work and worry than you might think, ie., you gotta drop the sails for bridges and stuff like that. still, i would love to live along the water and have that life. its sure changed a lot since it was a college spring break town, they tore all that junk out.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2014, 3:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
Great tour of a city I have yet to visit
Thank you. There's plenty to see and do in Fort Lauderdale and it's close to Miami if you need more excitement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Yes, very nice tour. Fort Lauderdale looks really pretty and interesting. I´ve liked its canals, beaches, mansions and yachts. It looks a very wealthy city.

I´ve driven along the Florida´s Turnpike, highway 95, in our route from Miami to Cape Canaveral and later to Orlando, but we didn´t stopped by Fort Lauderdale. I realize it´s worth to stop there and have a walk or sailing its canals.

By the way, Cristopher Cross´Sailing is a very appropiate song for this tour. I like a lot this singer.

Congrats and greetings from Madrid, Spain.
Thank you. Fort Lauderdale has plenty of wealth but like any other place there's also the poorer areas and the middle class too. Generally speaking anywhere east of I-95 is going to be more touristy or expensive.

Speaking of the Cape if you are ever in Florida again then should visit the Cape Canaveral National Seashore. Playalinda Beach is one of my favorites in the state. It is undeveloped and protected. You get to see what Florida beaches looked like before they became covered in towers.
Here are a couple photos of mine:

You can see the old Space Shuttle launch pad and hangar in the distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_denizen View Post
Miami's saner cousin. Nice pics!
Thank you. That's how I feel. Fort Lauderdale is much more laid back than Miami.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
Really nice photos. Definitely a pleasant place to drop anchor and re-charge the batteries.

Fort Lauderdale reminds me a bit of Jacksonville, where I lived for about a year and still visit frequently. I like how downtown Fort Lauderdale is closer to the beaches, though, and it has a much nicer downtown than Jax.
Thank you. Jax has similarities but you get a much different vibe (lack of a better word) down in South Florida. It has a more international feeling about it and that's one of the things I enjoy about South Florida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzmattzx View Post
Nice pictures. I haven't been to Fort Lauderdale in about 12 years, but I want to go back. I spent time in Lauderdale Beach (is that the neighborhood?) and got to see the area, and Sunrise Boulevard, just as it was starting to boom in the 2000s.
Thank you. If you haven't been in 12 years then you would definitely notice a change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinlee View Post
So much money...
Indeed and on full display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightsky View Post
Nice city with all this water! I suppose that many tourist that go to Miami also visit Fort Lauderdale, right?
There's some cross pollination in tourists. You might get more people that stay in Fort Lauderdale visiting Miami than you do vice versa. They are so close, only a few minutes drive if traffic isn't bad on 95. There's also the Tri Rail train system that connects the two cities. Fort Lauderdale is also a good jumping off point to the Bahamas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfCourse View Post
Very nice. I have never been to Fort Lauderdale, but it's on my radar to visit at some point.
Thank you. Hope you enjoy it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
hey i know these views very well -- nice to see a thread on them! i went sailing in fort lauderdale a couple times via a friend of a friend who lives and has a sailboat along the canal. once we tried to go out to the ocean, but couldn't get out of the inlet due to the rough water.

sailing there was a lot of fun, but trickier and more work and worry than you might think, ie., you gotta drop the sails for bridges and stuff like that. still, i would love to live along the water and have that life. its sure changed a lot since it was a college spring break town, they tore all that junk out.
Thank you. Glad you enjoyed the thread. Sailing is a lot of work but it's still the most peaceful way to travel by water. I don't have a boat any longer so I sail with friends. If you get back down talk your friends into sailing out to Bimini.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2014, 12:15 AM
B!tchslapping Since 1998

Beautiful!

Old Posted Oct 8, 2014, 12:59 AM

Thank you. Jax has similarities but you get a much different vibe (lack of a better word) down in South Florida. It has a more international feeling about it and that's one of the things I enjoy about South Florida.
-------------

I agree, definitely a more international - and tropical - vibe in Fort Lauderdale.

Several years ago, I was on a plane sitting next to a woman from South Florida, and I told her I lived in Jax. She said, "oh, we consider that Georgia."

Old Posted Oct 8, 2014, 1:58 PM

Nice review of the more scenic parts of town. Despite it being the same metro, I've been to Fort Lauderdale only a handful of times in the last 10 years. It's a hassle. But I've always found it to be much more user friendly.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2014, 4:54 AM

Great pictures! You're pictures really brought out the beauty of the city I live in

Old Posted Oct 9, 2014, 9:03 AM

Beautiful pics of Miami's sister city! The distance between Miami & Ft. Lauderdale are only 27 miles apart so I have many fond memories of this city especially during the craziness of the college Spring break era.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2014, 6:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColDayMan View Post
Beautiful!
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
-------------

I agree, definitely a more international - and tropical - vibe in Fort Lauderdale.

Several years ago, I was on a plane sitting next to a woman from South Florida, and I told her I lived in Jax. She said, "oh, we consider that Georgia."
Hahaha yeah north Florida is like another world compared to the southern part of the state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickell View Post
Nice review of the more scenic parts of town. Despite it being the same metro, I've been to Fort Lauderdale only a handful of times in the last 10 years. It's a hassle. But I've always found it to be much more user friendly.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanImpact View Post
Great pictures! You're pictures really brought out the beauty of the city I live in
Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed the photos of your home city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdreamz View Post
Beautiful pics of Miami's sister city! The distance between Miami & Ft. Lauderdale are only 27 miles apart so I have many fond memories of this city especially during the craziness of the college Spring break era.
Thank you.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos