HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Old Posted Sep 9, 2024, 4:13 PM

NYC's Skyline Evolution: 270 Park Avenue vs. One World Trade Center

As promised, I'm sharing here the video I've dedicated to the 270 PA. I would like to mention, though, that since I haven’t had much time lately and I didn’t want to keep putting it off, I ended up slightly modifying some basic models from 3D Warehouse to represent some buildings. Even so, I think it turned out pretty good. And yes, I could have skipped the criticism of the OWTC, but even though it's an impressive building, I have a bit of a grudge against it for being something that could (and should) have been, but wasn’t. So, whenever I get the chance, almost involuntarily, I give it some heat. I won’t ramble on any longer. I hope you enjoy it.

Oh! And thanks to NYguy, with updated height information: 1,389 ft.

Video Link

Old Posted Sep 10, 2024, 12:31 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Great production quality. A pertinent pair of structures for making comparisons.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2024, 1:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
Great production quality. A pertinent pair of structures for making comparisons.
Thank you very much, MolsonExport. The truth is, I had my doubts about whether to keep the comparison (which was the initial idea) or remove it and focus on the evolution of the skyline, but I think in the end the combination doesn't seem too odd.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2024, 2:58 PM
The Vomit Bag.

It is a shame that 1WTC did not live up to its promise or renderings. The culprit being that substandard spire, and in particular, the rickety base of the structure. I also think that 1WTC would look better if it were next to the original plan for 2WTC.

I really love this design.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2024, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
It is a shame that 1WTC did not live up to its promise or renderings. The culprit being that substandard spire, and in particular, the rickety base of the structure. I also think that 1WTC would look better if it were next to the original plan for 2WTC.

I really love this design.
Well, I couldn’t agree more with everything you pointed out, for better or for worse. Ergo, equally with how beautiful that design is. I love it too.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture