HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

Old Posted Jun 11, 2024, 5:18 PM
we built this city

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Goode View Post
With the Centre Plan's HAF amendments now allowing up to 40 storeys on the site, the developers of this 20-storey tower have applied to HRM to amend their development agreement to increase the height of the building to a dizzying...wait for it...22 storeys.
Any link to a rendering? Hoping the flatiron look is retained.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2024, 5:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldlyhaligonian View Post
Any link to a rendering? Hoping the flatiron look is retained.
Haven't seen one, but can't imagine why it would have to change for the sake of two floors.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2024, 6:29 PM

Is the conservative 2-floor bump request due to the structural limits of the building as currently designed? i.e.would requesting the full 40, or something close to it, create the need for a more comprehensive (and presumably costly in terms of time, if not money) redesign of the building?

Old Posted Jun 11, 2024, 7:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastClimberPro View Post
Is the conservative 2-floor bump request due to the structural limits of the building as currently designed? i.e.would requesting the full 40, or something close to it, create the need for a more comprehensive (and presumably costly in terms of time, if not money) redesign of the building?
They're still limited to a FAR of 10 (maybe even 8) for the build, and IIRC the site is quite small. I think that's the limiting factor?

Old Posted Jun 12, 2024, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastClimberPro View Post
That was my supposition.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2024, 2:54 PM

I was looking at the HAF map last night and that property (114 Wyse) is Cen-2 40 story but only a FAR of 6. If you check the HRM property map, it's a very small plot. I'm not sure if they are combing it with 112 Wyse, but even so it's small enough that FAR 6 wouldn't get you very much height unless the build was super-slender.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2024, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrynorthend View Post
I was looking at the HAF map last night and that property (114 Wyse) is Cen-2 40 story but only a FAR of 6. If you check the HRM property map, it's a very small plot. I'm not sure if they are combing it with 112 Wyse, but even so it's small enough that FAR 6 wouldn't get you very much height unless the build was super-slender.
Yeah, hard to imagine Manhattan-style "tall and skinny" buildings coming to Dartmouth.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2024, 3:27 PM
I_Like_Cranes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzt79 View Post
Yeah, hard to imagine Manhattan-style "tall and skinny" buildings coming to Dartmouth.
Thousand-aire's row.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth