HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted May 28, 2024, 7:01 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
The last vacant CRU in Tannery Place South now appears to be under interior fit-up. I have no idea what's moving in, but, given the layout of the interior partitions that they are creating, this will not be traditional retail. It is more lkely to be commercial office of some kind.
This unit is apparently going to be a "neurology clinic."

https://www.facebook.com/AuraConstMgmt/

Old Posted Jun 15, 2024, 2:44 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Signage has now been installed for the "NB Neuro Centre."

This was the last available commercial unit in Tannery Place South. I beleive there are only two availabel CRUs left in Tannery Place North.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2024, 11:01 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

A couple of observations:

1) - They are doing a bit of a site clean-up in Parcel "E" at present.
2) - There is some earth moving going on in Parcel "D"'

Is this an early indication they are planning on moving forward with the "Office Tower Complex" in Parcel "D", or, are they just tidying things up in general.

We'll have to keep an eye on things.............

Old Posted Yesterday, 12:07 AM

It would be nice if they weren't just tidying up the site, but I suspect that's all that's happening. I think the next news we'll see on this development will be a totally reworked Junction site plan. I can't imagine that they'd construct an office building, given all the empty office space in downtown Moncton that's been sitting unleased for ages.

What I'd like to see is a building along Main Street, similar to the 55 Queen building. They've purchased two adjacent properties on Stewart Street to give them a larger footprint and more frontage on Main Street, so that would allow them to put up a really impressive building!

Their original plans included a Home2 Suites by Hilton, so they could include that in a new building with residential units above. I'm sure they must be aware of the strong demand for residential housing in Moncton(with no end in sight).

This combo would unquestionably allow for a taller building, and rescue the Main/V.Harvey intersection!

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:57 AM

I can't see an office tower of any magnitude being built anytime soon. However, I think that another residential unit similar to the two built would be a great addition to Lot "D".

Old Posted Yesterday, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnaygull View Post
I can't see an office tower of any magnitude being built anytime soon. However, I think that another residential unit similar to the two built would be a great addition to Lot "D".
I agree. When they started this development it was pre covid, so the work-from-home trend hadn't happened yet. I'm sure they realize that the office space market has dried up, and shifted to residential.

It'd be great if they would start the next phase, whatever it is.

Old Posted Today, 12:38 AM

I drove by the site today and it seemed to me that there was a significant earth moving operation going on at parcel D. Since this was supposed to be the location of the next phase, maybe we'll soon see some info released re their plans for this plot.

Another building project downtown this year?

Old Posted Today, 12:52 AM

Imagine if they scrap all previous plans and just consolidate into a 20+ storey building. Let a man dream.

Old Posted Today, 1:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new kid in town View Post
Imagine if they scrap all previous plans and just consolidate into a 20+ storey building. Let a man dream.
Since their intention for this lot was an office building, you'd have to think they've scrapped that plan! Will they join the party and now go with a taller building? Lets hope so.

Old Posted Today, 2:45 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
Since their intention for this lot was an office building, you'd have to think they've scrapped that plan! Will they join the party and now go with a taller building? Lets hope so.
if there is something afoot for Parcel "D", I would think it probable that Westmount/Du Parc would choose to build another apartment building rather than an office commercial building. In the current environment, this only makes sense.

I would also imagine that if they choose to do so, that the building would be of similar stature to Tannery Place North & South. This would be faithful to the type of streetscape that they have been creating.

Things should be clearer in the next few weeks whether this is just a site clean-up, or something much more interesting.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces