HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Sep 30, 2024, 5:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackiejamieson View Post
I never noticed this before - interesting that the render shows them adding on to the second portion of the old Southern Railway HQ for a hotel (we've heard the plans to put a hotel in that half of the building; now seeing the render, it makes more sense).
I don't see that. Are you're referring to the apartment development that is adjacent to it? I do see what appears to be a couple of unannounced residential towers behind the Russell Federal building.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2024, 6:04 PM

[QUOTE=Sojourner_Terminus;10229956]

I agree. Looks like the rendering includes concepts for the G1, G2 and C5 lots, but I don't see anything with regard to an add on for the hotel in the Southern Railway building.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2024, 8:44 PM

[QUOTE=megalopolis;10293109]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner_Terminus View Post

I agree. Looks like the rendering includes concepts for the G1, G2 and C5 lots, but I don't see anything with regard to an add on for the hotel in the Southern Railway building.
Ah... maybe that's G2-3 I'm seeing; from the render it looks as if it's attached to the second half of Southern Rail but maybe that's not the case.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2024, 8:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post

These rendering need to be at the top...:cheers
If all 3 proposed entertainment districts are built, downtown will be one helluva destination.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackiejamieson View Post
Respectfully, I beg to disagree. Placing a dead site (for pedestrians) between Five Points - the largest disembarkment site for mass transit - and Centennial yards is absolutely terrible civic planning. In fact, wasn't one of the major requirements for the AJC building renovation to have street-level activation? Projects like this are the reason the city council is positing a ban adjacent to MARTA and the beltline.
They said they are planning on building 3000 apartments in CY. He said one of the things downtown need is more people living there

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:12 PM

These new renderings feel like a soft announcement for new towers. I seem to recall some months back when they announced the entertainment district, that there more building announcements in the pipeline.

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
Correct. The 230-unit apartment project is the one adjacent to the loft apartment building.

This rendering shows the separation between the residential in G2 and the Southern Rail building.

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:40 PM
Ahhh... Kelly Clarkson!

They should really do something with the 3 areas in pink. Those are complete dead zones.

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:51 PM

What happened to all the Russell Federal building's landscaped areas? Its just poorly maintained grass now, looks so bad. You can see a little of it in the first render, and if you check google maps/street view its really bad.

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecool View Post
They should really do something with the 3 areas in pink. Those are complete dead zones.

That area is actually part of the new GWCC master plan (page 38) as a new hotel and retail space.

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edg1 View Post
They said they are planning on building 3000 apartments in CY. He said one of the things downtown need is more people living there
I'm not disputing that CY will have (if the follow through) a good focus on apartments - I'm against putting a data center across the street from the busiest Marta station, creating a dead building without street activation between 5 points and CY.

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
What happened to all the Russell Federal building's landscaped areas? Its just poorly maintained grass now, looks so bad. You can see a little of it in the first render, and if you check google maps/street view its really bad.
Still looks like concrete landscaping to me.

Last edited by Julien; Yesterday at 8:36 PM.

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megalopolis View Post
This rendering shows the separation between the residential in G2 and the Southern Rail building.
I wish they would get going on this section of CY. It seems like one of the easier sections and the buildings aren't even ambitious, so they should cost much less than the other big ticket items like the entertainment section.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta