HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Two Gilmore Place in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Burnaby Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Aug 16, 2024, 5:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyburger View Post
The crosswalk on that corner is open with no overhead protection so I doubt that's a huge concern for them? Seems like a supplier issue might be the most likely reason for the delay.
I believe the balcony material - post, rails, and glass, would have been delivered and stored in each suite before removing those construction elevators. If the other Tower2 suites have their balcony material already delivered and installed, the issue shouldn't be supplier/material.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2024, 5:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvr1886 View Post
I believe the balcony material - post, rails, and glass, would have been delivered and stored in each suite before removing those construction elevators. If the other Tower2 suites have their balcony material already delivered and installed, the issue shouldn't be supplier/material.
Yeah I guess we'll see if there's any progress in the next few weeks.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2024, 3:41 PM

I just wish that the developer would be honest and open up about what is going on. E-mails regarding the balcony work go unanswered, yet Buyers may be in a position of having to give notice to landlords, go through a house sale, financing, etc. and cannot realistically plan anything with the shifting completion date range and the lack of any visible progress.

In my opinion if the balcony work started today it would most likely take 13 weeks to complete which brings us into mid-November, half way through the new estimated completion date range.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2024, 3:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilmorePete View Post
I just wish that the developer would be honest and open up about what is going on. E-mails regarding the balcony work go unanswered, yet Buyers may be in a position of having to give notice to landlords, go through a house sale, financing, etc. and cannot realistically plan anything with the shifting completion date range and the lack of any visible progress.

In my opinion if the balcony work started today it would most likely take 13 weeks to complete which brings us into mid-November, half way through the new estimated completion date range.
Make friends with the construction workers and get the inside scoop

Old Posted Aug 16, 2024, 9:05 PM

I'm going to toss in another variable that adds to the complexity. Insurance and assignment of responsibility.

Whenever you have accidents and damages like this, parties are going to try to apportion blame to the other which in-turn delays the process of moving forward to rectify the problem. Nobody wants to pay for something if they don't have to after all, so there is likely plenty of action behind the scenes we're just not privy too unfortunately.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2024, 9:52 PM

There was some kind of WorkSafeBC stop work order with edge work on the tower. But you assume with the crown work resuming that's been resolved.

Quote:
Tower 2 at Onni Group’s Gilmore Place development on the corner of Lougheed Highway and Gilmore Avenue is the tallest building in B.C.

In January, CapWest Forming Ltd., the concrete formwork contractor on the skyscraper was fined $28,150.47 for a shoring post that plummeted from the 62nd level to the sixth level, landing 80 feet from the base of the building, according to WorkSafeBC inspection reports obtained by the NOW.

The near-miss – on Sept. 27, 2023 – happened on a day when there were 905 workers on site, but no one was injured.
https://www.biv.com/news/real-estate...%20development.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2024, 8:07 PM

Quote:
Yeah I guess we'll see if there's any progress in the next few weeks.
Looking up at the Tower 2 NW corner, you might see 7 or so balconies frames started. They are white balconies.

Also noticed the furniture in the Tower 2 lobby.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2024, 8:13 AM

Quote:
Make friends with the construction workers and get the inside scoop
The guys in yellow vests always have all the gossip.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2024, 10:36 PM

Tower 3 30/f just received walk through invite for next week

Old Posted Aug 30, 2024, 2:41 AM

Anyone in the tower facing east at the HVAC? It's insanely loud. (Coming from your neighbour a reasonable distance away.)

Old Posted Aug 30, 2024, 5:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidMoose View Post
Anyone in the tower facing east at the HVAC? It's insanely loud. (Coming from your neighbour a reasonable distance away.)
East facing unit here. Have not even noticed the HVAC, maybe high up enough to be removed from them? The insulation of the unit is very well-done though with the windows closed I don't hear nary a thing.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2024, 9:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmorefolks View Post
Tower 3 30/f just received walk through invite for next week
I'm Building 3, 27th floor. No invite yet for me

Old Posted Sep 1, 2024, 8:31 PM

Parking

Anyone have info on EV parking availability?

Old Posted Sep 2, 2024, 4:46 AM

2024, Aug 1

Untitled by Lexus LX, on Flickr

No slip lane Loughgeed east bound Turing to Gilmore south bound

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley