HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Aug 15, 2024, 2:26 PM

More fan-related than team related, but some early Labour Day sniping being done by a local brewery:

https://regina.ctvnews.ca/winnipeg-b...pack-1.7001111

Kind of ironic because the Bombers are in a down cycle while the Riders are trending upwards, but that's professional sports fandom for you. I really don't expect the Blue to win either game this year, but I'm pulling for them nonetheless.

Now I'm not really a fan of the insult trading or the somewhat amateurish dig at the Rider fans.I'm not even a fan of their beer. What I found funny in the article was this quote:

“I always knew it as the Banjo Bowl,” Rider receiver and Regina product Mitch Picton told CTV News in 2023, who also admitted he still calls it the Banjo Bowl. “Troy Westwood I think made those comments about Saskatchewan but I don’t know it’s almost throwing stones from a glass coming from Winnipeg.”

Two observations. This is incredibly typical about many people in Regina. They love portraying Wpg as some sort of hick town, despite it's being over three times it's size and possessing a much greater array of amenities and attractions. I've found that pointing out these facts often has zero effect on their opinion; they either laugh in your face, as if it's absurd to suggest Wpg is larger or has more to see/do than Regina, or their turn their backs and just walk away. Both have happened to me, btw.

What really made me laugh, albeit rather grimly, is this part of the quote:

“Troy Westwood I think made those comments about Saskatchewan but I don’t know it’s almost throwing stones from a glass coming from Winnipeg.”

Oh my goodness. Suggesting Wpg is hick while mangling the quote that's supposed to put us down.

As the kids apparently say....SMH.

"Naysayers are always predicting the present"-Anon.

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength"-Eric Hoffer

Old Posted Today, 12:57 AM

Returned form the game an hour ago. Now that was fun. I have not had that much fun at a Bomber game in years. Tailgate parties everywhere, jam packed. Bombers are 5-2, after the shitty 0-4 start, and now lead the West.

Suck it Riders!!!

Old Posted Today, 1:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspeid View Post
More fan-related than team related, but some early Labour Day sniping being done by a local brewery:

https://regina.ctvnews.ca/winnipeg-b...pack-1.7001111

Kind of ironic because the Bombers are in a down cycle while the Riders are trending upwards, but that's professional sports fandom for you. I really don't expect the Blue to win either game this year, but I'm pulling for them nonetheless.

Now I'm not really a fan of the insult trading or the somewhat amateurish dig at the Rider fans.I'm not even a fan of their beer. What I found funny in the article was this quote:

“I always knew it as the Banjo Bowl,” Rider receiver and Regina product Mitch Picton told CTV News in 2023, who also admitted he still calls it the Banjo Bowl. “Troy Westwood I think made those comments about Saskatchewan but I don’t know it’s almost throwing stones from a glass coming from Winnipeg.”

Two observations. This is incredibly typical about many people in Regina. They love portraying Wpg as some sort of hick town, despite it's being over three times it's size and possessing a much greater array of amenities and attractions. I've found that pointing out these facts often has zero effect on their opinion; they either laugh in your face, as if it's absurd to suggest Wpg is larger or has more to see/do than Regina, or their turn their backs and just walk away. Both have happened to me, btw.

What really made me laugh, albeit rather grimly, is this part of the quote:

“Troy Westwood I think made those comments about Saskatchewan but I don’t know it’s almost throwing stones from a glass coming from Winnipeg.”

Oh my goodness. Suggesting Wpg is hick while mangling the quote that's supposed to put us down.

As the kids apparently say....SMH.
This statement aged well

Old Posted Today, 3:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justanothermember View Post
This statement aged well
Hey I'm delighted to have been wrong!

"Naysayers are always predicting the present"-Anon.

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength"-Eric Hoffer

Old Posted Today, 4:31 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

just seen vikes twitter post of the bike vale wow!

Old Posted Today, 4:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
Of the what?

Old Posted Today, 5:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
Translation, please...

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan