HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's

Old Posted Jun 20, 2024, 3:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjavman View Post
Exactly. Me as well. Also been on many in New Jersey that are in the middle of two lane road intersections. Also massive to allow speed to be maintained.

However, if you look at the proposed drawings (back in this thread); we'll have 3 similar size to Galway Entrance, in a 4 lane highway. Idiocy ... then again, it's not even started yet.
Even Galway's roundabouts are too small. Part of the issue is NL drivers who can't stay in their lane, but when you have medium sized trucks navigating through or snow on the ground they're essentially one lane.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2024, 7:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offshore1 View Post
Even Galway's roundabouts are too small. Part of the issue is NL drivers who can't stay in their lane, but when you have medium sized trucks navigating through or snow on the ground they're essentially one lane.
The 4-Lane roundabouts are definitely too small. Plus there are no lines for over half the year. They are also the absolute last things in the city to get their lines painted as you have St. John's, Mount Pearl, the Province and Danny squabbling over who's responsibility it is to do them.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2024, 8:20 PM

A couple months ago I emailed the government when they were looking for peoples suggestions for 2024's road construction year. I suggested the NL government and the City of St. John's to complete Southlands Blvd and then close down Pitts Memorial Drive from the cloverleaf interchange to Southlands Blvd in Mount Pearl, demolish the Ruth Ave bridge and rebuild it properly with 4 lanes instead of 3.

My suggestion was declined.

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:45 PM

TGH Tender

So much for TGH starting this year.

Tender doesn't close until August 12th !

Last edited by jjavman; Yesterday at 8:56 PM.

Old Posted Today, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjavman View Post
So much for TGH starting this year.

Tender doesn't close until August 12th !

Just... wow.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's