HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Sep 11, 2024, 4:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Nice drone shot by our friends at Infinity Aerials of the Dieppe Blvd/Melanson Road neighbourhood.

Four large developments under construction within spitting distance of one another.

Things will look a whole lot different in a couple of years.
Work is progressing quickly on the L-shaped building on the southeast corner (on the right in this pic), but driving by I am surprised to see that for such a large and prominent building, it appears to be wood construction (with concrete underground parking). Most new similar buildings have been concrete construction lately especially at 6 stories, which is what the rendering for this indicates.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2024, 1:52 AM

From earlier tonight, Promenade 9 and the Balade tower crane.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2024, 3:32 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSquared View Post
With a 5-4 vote, Dieppe gave approval for construction of this 5-storey apartment building on Amirault, much to the dismay of Lavoie street NIMBYs.

I find it a little concerning that the vote was split, I'd expect stronger leadership in this part of NB especially during a housing crisis, but at least it went through.

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle...seil-municipal
This is what is planned for this contentious property next to the cemetery on Amilrault.

This building will be disappointingly generic in appearance. I can understand why the neighbours might be upset.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2024, 2:01 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Another new apartment building proposed for the small section of Acadie Street just north of the marshlands. This one will have the address of 260 Normandie (SE corner of Normandie/Acadie next to the Home Hardware store.

Retail Talk & Share photos

This will be the fourth apartment building along this short section of Acadie, including:

- Promenade Neuf (construction completed)
- Balade (under construction)
- Le Marki (proposed)

All in all, a very impressive southern entrance into downtown Dieppe is developing.

And, yes, as you might have guessed by recent activity on this thread (and the retail thread), I have finally unlocked the secret as to how to view documentation presented to the Dieppe PAC.

I told Jeff Boucher at Retail Talk & Share how to do it too, and he discovered this little nugget.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2024, 1:00 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

This image shows the extent of the current work to extend Aviation Boulevard around the northern flank of the 06/24 runway at YQM. Note that the plan includes a "temporary" emergency access route to the eastbound lane of the TCH.

This image shows the proposal for new street location to branch off the extended section of Dieppe Blvd, leading to Dover Road:

Old Posted Sep 30, 2024, 12:31 PM

Quote:
This image shows the proposal for new street location to branch off the extended section of Dieppe Blvd, leading to Dover Road:
So is this supposed to connect to extensions of Pelagie and an upgrade/new ROW of 'Jeanne' (the dirt road mostly on this PID) relatively quickly, or just Dover/Amirault for now? No way any systemic development appears to the east of this for a while, but I could see the west side filling up rapidly.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2024, 2:18 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamuptownsj View Post
So is this supposed to connect to extensions of Pelagie and an upgrade/new ROW of 'Jeanne' (the dirt road mostly on this PID) relatively quickly, or just Dover/Amirault for now? No way any systemic development appears to the east of this for a while, but I could see the west side filling up rapidly.
Not sure about final street locations.

As for the "east side" of the Dieppe Blvd extension, this is almost assuredly going to be where the new anglophone K-12 school (~1000 students) will be built.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2024, 3:05 PM

Quote:
Not sure about final street locations.

As for the "east side" of the Dieppe Blvd extension, this is almost assuredly going to be where the new anglophone K-12 school (~1000 students) will be built.
Gotcha. It's a shame to see so few plans for new urban schools. I went to STM in Saint John and spending 4 years up(down)town is a great way to integrate students into urban business centres instead of spending 12 years in various facilities built around school bus loading zones and staff parking lots.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces