HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted May 27, 2024, 2:39 AM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackYear View Post
I've never been to Chatime, but is Moncton ready for a Presotea drink costing $8, $9, $10 and $11 + tax + tip?
Chatime is $6-$7 starting price so $8-9 isn't that out there. Halifax has one I don't think they're any better off financially there than we are here.

Old Posted May 27, 2024, 12:20 PM

Here is a free look into AllNewBrunswick’s article from a month ago about the former Cabela’s being leased. It was included in their sample issues page.

https://allnewbrunswick.com/mobile/s...I0&sample=true

Quote:
“ Ten months after buying it, owner Gordon Lahanky says his Atlantic Commercial Properties has landed a national tenant for Moncton's former Cabela's store.~

Lahanky told allNewBrunswick he couldn't identify the tenant for 11 Cabela Court, just south of the Trans-Canada Highway at Mapleton Road, but expects the company will probably begin advertising for staff and posting signs by summer at the latest.

He said the tenant is a newcomer to the region but has more than 300 locations nationwide.

"When we started our campaign of trying to identify solid prospects for a very formidable property in Moncton, we did have… let's call it a top six list, and this company/organization was in fact identified as one of those top six prospects," he said in an interview.

Atlantic Commercial Properties paid Cabela's Retail Canada ULC $3,015,000 for the site last June, at which time Lahanky said his rule of thumb is a 12-month runway on landing tenants in new acquisitions (see 2023-06-02).

The building has been vacant since February 2018, less than three years after it opened, after Bass Pro Shops acquired Cabela's for US$4 billion and closed redundant stores.

Lahanky said Wednesdsay he would have agreed to subdivide the building if that's what prospective tenants were looking for, but he's glad to see it leased in its entirety to one tenant.

"Our entire team is very pleased with the outcome of having one of Moncton's most prominent properties back in full swing, since being dormant and vacant for six long years. There's something we're proud of."

"Bringing more national brands into Greater Moncton is good for Greater Moncton."

Lahanky's son Josh Lahanky is the company's business development manager and led the leasing process.

"There was a couple of other, I'll call it national organizations, that we really had a high interest in trying to expose the former Cabela's building to, because we knew it was a very turn-key opportunity," Gordon Lahanky said.

However, he said the city's relatively small population meant some of them couldn't be swayed. Despite this, Lahanky said Moncton has taken huge strides in recent years and is repeatedly garnering more interest.

Design-Build

Meanwhile, Lahanky said Atlantic Commercial Properties has signed its first design-build deal — again for a client he can't identify — for an international company, after several near misses.

"That construction will start in the fall," he said, saying the site is in Moncton West, just off Berry Mills Road.

"When you're coming in from the Berry Mills, this will be the first commercial building that you see when you enter the city limits."

Lahanky said his firm has much more experience buyingbuildings, doing necessary renos and finding tenants, and this is its first successful bid for a design-build.

"We've undertaken those in the past," he said of entering bids, saying success has eluded him.

"I have a solid track record of finishing second."

The company will continue to seek those jobs, and Lahanky said he has three lots in industrial parks that could serve that purpose”.

Old Posted May 27, 2024, 12:28 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Thanks for this post. Very interesting.

Quote:
Meanwhile, Lahanky said Atlantic Commercial Properties has signed its first design-build deal — again for a client he can't identify — for an international company, after several near misses.

"That construction will start in the fall," he said, saying the site is in Moncton West, just off Berry Mills Road.

"When you're coming in from the Berry Mills, this will be the first commercial building that you see when you enter the city limits."
This section of the article is most intriguing. I wonder what this could be for???

I think we may see Berry Mills Road begin to build out more within the next decade. It's almost virgin territory. The only issue will be driveway access to the properties lining the road. It is after all a provincial highway with speeds between 80-100 km/hr. Access roads will be necessary to allow for adjacent commercial construction. This is not impossible. For example, Dieppe Blvd is a designated collector, and all commercial buildings lining that street only have access from adjacent cross streets, not from Dieppe Blvd proper.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2024, 1:52 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Loblaws is rolling out a new small format No Frills store for downtown urban locations:

Video Link

The size of these stores is about 10,000 sq ft. This would be ideal for the podium of the Three Sisters. They are looking for dense downtown urban locations. Within 5-7 years, we will have at least five and perhaps six apartment towers in the immediate neighbourhood here. This would likely be approaching the sort of density that they are looking for, and, many of the residents will be seniors who would likely appreciate the convenience of just going downstairs, or across the street to get their groceries.

Dare I say it? The 15 minute city???

Here is the commercial retail footprint under the first sister:

The largest available footprint is just shy of 7,000 sq ft, which is smaller than the No Frills store referenced above, but, I have a sneaking suspicion that there might be a larger footprint CRU potentially available under the third sister.

BTW, I'm pretty sure the "green" CRU is where the recently opened art gallery is located.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Jun 1, 2024 at 4:05 PM.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2024, 2:23 PM

I agree that this would be an excellent fit in the Three Sisters podium. Not only will Lafford be adding more buildings in the immediate vicinity over the next few years, but the Ashford lands will also be getting developed. Looking at the map, it's a short walk between the two.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2024, 6:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Thai Express at CF Champlain is currently closed.

This is abrupt, and without notice. I have no idea if this is temporary or permanent.

if permanent, this CRU, and a couple of adjacent vacant (but hidden) CRUs could be combined and make an excellent location for Five Guys. This would mirror the existing Five Guys setup at the Avalon Mall in St. John's (mall based, at a major mall entrance, with an external entryway for after hours access).
The Thai Express website was updated and just says it's "temporarily closed".

Old Posted Jun 1, 2024, 7:31 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Double posted from the Moncton [Northwest] thread:

Noodle Box is coming to Moncton!

https://www.facebook.com/retailhalifax

Quote:
Blueberry Commercial - Team Retail Atlantic
·
������ Big news for Moncton foodies! ������
We’re thrilled to announce that our client, Foodtastic, is bringing the beloved Noodlebox brand to 1633 Mountain Road, Moncton New Brunswick!
Noodlebox is famous for its mouth-watering, wok-fired noodle dishes crafted with fresh, sustainable ingredients. It’s the perfect addition to the Moncton culinary scene!
Retail Insider article about their national expansion:

https://retail-insider.com/retail-in...ons-interview/

This is replacing Kim Ga Nae in the Lounsbury Centre.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2024, 8:10 PM

Quote:
Loblaws is rolling out a new small format No Frills store for downtown urban locations:

Video Link

The size of these stores is about 10,000 sq ft. This would be ideal for the podium of the Three Sisters. They are looking for dense downtown urban locations. Within 5-7 years, we will have at least five and perhaps six apartment towers in the immediate neighbourhood here. This would likely be approaching the sort of density that they are looking for, and, many of the residents will be seniors who would likely appreciate the convenience of just going downstairs, or across the street to get their groceries.

Dare I say it? The 15 minute city???

Here is the commercial retail footprint under the first sister:

The largest available footprint is just shy of 7,000 sq ft, which is smaller than the No Frills store referenced above, but, I have a sneaking suspicion that there might be a larger footprint CRU potentially available under the third sister.

BTW, I'm pretty sure the "green" CRU is where the recently opened art gallery is located.

If I’m doing the math right… 6,955 sqf. Multiplied by $14 per sqf… that’s $97,370 per month to rent.. that’s insane because I assume that’s also not including your electricity.. I wonder if a grocery chain could negotiate a better deal. Would that amount per month scare away a business or for them is that really nothing? I genuinely don’t know the answer to that .

Old Posted Jun 7, 2024, 12:09 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
I was out and about earlier today, doing a little sleuthing, and noticed a building permit affixed to the door of the CRU under construction next to the H&R Block in the Petitcodiac Plaza across from Champlain Place.

It had been assumed that this unit was being fitted up for the rumoured Stacked Pancake House coming to Dieppe, but the building permit said something about "bubble tea."

I mentioned this to a retail sleuth friend of mine, and, a contact of his found out that Presotea, on their website, mentions that Moncton is "coming soon" for the summer of 2024. I imagine this is what is in the works.

https://www.presotea.ca/
https://www.presotea.ca/our-drinks/ (menu)

The menu is very extensive and filled with multiple exotic drinks. The selection seems far better than Chatime. I look forward to trying this out.

Meanwhile, the Stacked Pancake House website still lists franchises coming for the Petitcodiac Plaza, and for the Plaza Boulevard Centre in Moncton. They must be planning on occupying a different vacant CRU in Petitcodiac Plaza. There is no timeline that I am aware of.

Finally, the CRU where Meltwich is coming is filled with equipment awaiting installation. There seems to be a big hold-up in getting final installation work done around the city these days. This has been an issue with Villa Madina in CF Champlain and apparently also with the soon-to-be-resurrected Zio's Pizzeria in Moncton. Delays in installation have also plagued several new businesses in the Granite Centre. We obviously need more contractors in the city..........

So, in summary, there are three new food options coming to the Petitcodiac Plaza
- Stacked Pancake House
- Meltwich
- Presotea

I look forward to all these new arrivals. They all look very interesting.
Presotea is now confirmed for the Petitcodiac Plaza, next to H&R Block. They have a bunch of banners displayed in the window of this CRU.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2024, 12:41 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

La Maison Simons to Open Stores at CF Toronto Eaton Centre and Yorkdale in Former Nordstrom Spaces
By Craig Patterson
Date: June 6, 2024
https://retail-insider.com/retail-in...dstrom-spaces/

I make this post only to drive a nail into the possibility of any expansion of Simon's to Moncton, or anywhere else in NB in the near future. Simon's will be fully invested in the opening of two new stores in two of the highest profile shopping malls in the country for at least the next several years.

The dream is dead.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2024, 2:57 AM

Quote:
La Maison Simons to Open Stores at CF Toronto Eaton Centre and Yorkdale in Former Nordstrom Spaces
By Craig Patterson
Date: June 6, 2024
https://retail-insider.com/retail-in...dstrom-spaces/

I make this post only to drive a nail into the possibility of any expansion of Simon's to Moncton, or anywhere else in NB in the near future. Simon's will be fully invested in the opening of two new stores in two of the highest profile shopping malls in the country for at least the next several years.

The dream is dead.
We had an opportunity when sears left to put it there but the dream died when TD opened their call Center.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2024, 2:28 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Signage is now up for Presotea in the Petitcodiac Plaza next to H&R Block.

The CRU immediately adjacent to this unit is also under active construction. This is presumably for the Stacked Pancake House, also confirmed for the Petitcodiac Plaza.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2024, 3:39 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

According to gossip, this children's' formal ware store (Be Chic), with a location at the Halifax Shopping Centre in Halifax may be looking at opening another location in Moncton, presumably at CF Champlain.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2024, 4:08 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

New projected opening date for Villa Madina in the CF Champlain food court - end of June (God willing).

Old Posted Today, 3:17 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

A reliable contact of mine made some inquiries about Five Guys, and, apparently they are no longer actively considering any locations in New Brunswick.

This is too bad. Their initial plans were for locations in Halifax, St. John's (NL) and Moncton. The other two restaurants happened, but, not the Moncton location.

The rumour was that they were having trouble finding the proper spot for their restaurant. The best potential location would have been at CF Champlain. One has to wonder if the notoriously high rents charged by CF put them off.........

Old Posted Today, 11:32 AM

TBH if Big League moved to CF Champlain food court, I'd be just as happy. Having eaten at both I don't see a huge difference.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces