HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation

Old Posted May 29, 2024, 2:40 PM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerDude View Post
If the Burbank CAHSR station is underneath the Burbank Airport does that mean that the security to enter the train station will be heightened?

I remember going to the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center Smithsonian Museum on the Dulles Airport grounds and because it was inside the airport perimeter the security to enter the museum was a lot higher than it was to go to other Smithsonian museums on the Mall.

Wonder if it will be the same for the Burbank station.
I believe all CAHSR stations will have baggage screening similar to Brightline or the AVE system in Spain. Similar to airport security pre-9/11, so not crazy. If you don't have bags you just walk thru, no undressing or shoes BS.

The Burbank HSR station, under the current plan, will be across the street from the NEW Burbank terminal north of the airfield. So you exit the terminal, cross the drop-off road, walk into the HSR station, and descend down to the train platforms. Maybe there will be a skybridge or underground corridor, the plans are not developed yet.

Weirdly Burbank preserved space for the new airport terminal, but allowed a bunch of warehouses to get built where the HSR station will go. So those brand-new warehouses will need to be seized and torn down. I'm sure the warehouse owner will get a big fat payout from CHSRA...

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation