HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 16, 2024, 2:20 AM

I had to drive into the city today. Drove from 99 eastward on I-10 to about the Bunker Hill exit. I couldn't believe the development along the entire route. I know a lot of it has been there for quite some time, but it's new to me since I haven't been on that stretch in years.

When I was at UT Austin in the 70s, the Park 10 area was way, way out of the city and I don't remember much development along 10 beyond where Beltway 8 is now. In the late 60s, the furthest out development I remember was called Town and Country Village, which was a nice collection of shops. It was where City Centre is now. A lot of the neighborhoods were there back then, but there wasn't much right along 10. And back then, i-10 was a fairly narrow, treacherous interstate, much more difficult to drive than today. Still, even with all the multiple lanes, it was pretty crowded and slow today, and it wasn't "rush hour".

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations