HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted May 24, 2024, 8:51 PM

Hope you’re doing alright post being hit by the driver, Julien! Sounds like it was maybe minor, but just wanted to make sure. Never fun even if it was just a freight & less damage to the body.

Old Posted May 24, 2024, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Hope you’re doing alright post being hit by the driver, Julien! Sounds like it was maybe minor, but just wanted to make sure. Never fun even if it was just a freight & less damage to the body.
THX, no real damage and just a "stinger" on the back of my hand which I kinda used to push off backwards. I continued on with my run after hurling some choice words at the driver.

Old Posted May 24, 2024, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julien View Post
THX, no real damage and just a "stinger" on the back of my hand which I kinda used to push off backwards. I continued on with my run after hurling some choice words at the driver.
Well, as long as it wasn't your camera hand, we'll get over it.

Old Posted May 25, 2024, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marketswork View Post
well, as long as it wasn't your camera hand, we'll get over it.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2024, 4:41 PM

Day one. Funny watching one dumb a$$ after another go around the Closed Road sign on 10th just to wait in line to turn around and go back.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2024, 3:58 PM

Beltline Northwest Trail construction, near 1500 Northside Drive

Via Philip Clinch

Old Posted Yesterday, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
Beltline Northwest Trail construction, near 1500 Northside Drive

Via Philip Clinch

Oh, wow! To bad that self storage ruined an amazing piece of what could have been.

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:54 PM

When I suggested the Beltline crossing would have traffic blocking it several people were quick to criticize me implying I didn't know what I was talking about. Here it is this morning on 2 traffic light rotations in a row.

Here are a couple more pics

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:30 PM

I think when they redo the lights they will fix that.

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by testarossa50 View Post
I think when they redo the lights they will fix that.
The renders show the light at the same spot, just NO traffic. If the light was to be moved south it would have to be south of Cooledge Ave (red) where there is a light now. If it was at the orange line it would block off Kanuga St and back up past the Cooledge light. Green line is even worse. If at the red line that would be nearly a block from 10th St and be VERY odd. There are still so many crosswalks in this tight space to deal with and will be a total of 8 and 4 streets.

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:03 PM

It's definitely a sensitive engineering project. And just wait until the train comes into the picture!

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:32 PM

Julien in all seriousness thank you for your contributions. I never take the time to say that but you're keeping this place alive

You're jumping the gun a bit on this though. The project is obviously not done. I'm a cynic about a lot of things in this city (MARTA most of all ) but I'm sure the people planning this have thought about it way more than anyone on this forum has and it will surely involve some kind of change to the traffic signals to enable the light in the rendering.

It's obviously a controlled crossing, probably not unlike a scramble that stops all traffic for a time (like just up the road at 10th and Piedmont).

There would be no reason at all to have a signal on the BeltLine (as shown in the rendering) if Monroe didn't have a matching one.

Old Posted Today, 2:22 PM

Had an epiphany last night and think this may be it. Also drove by today and kinda got a confirmation.

Install red lights at Kanuga, Cooledge and Monroe@Cooledge (Red Line in my pic) all synced. The cycles could be something like for South Bound on Monroe:
  • Red 10th/Don't Walk/Red Cooledge/Red Kanuga/Green Monroe@Cooledge (Red Line in my pic)
  • Green 10th/Don't Walk/Green Cooledge/Green Kanuga/Red Monroe@Cooledge
  • Red 10th/Walk/Red Cooledge/Red Kanuga/Red Monroe@Cooledge

May be off but I think this would work. Anyone please feel free (as if I could stop you) to correct any holes in my logic. Also as I drove by it appears they have installed some infrastructure for these lights.

This will be kinda a pain for cars since it means you will almost always be stopping at Monroe@Cooledge or 10th or maybe both. But this would clear a wide corridor for the Beltline and add a ton a safety.

EDIT: May need another step since Cooledge and Kanuga may need separate Green lights.

Last edited by Julien; Today at 2:34 PM.

Old Posted Today, 4:23 PM

Hopefully, this intersection will have synchronized lights that allow all vehicular traffic to clear the "pedestrian" area before allowing cyclists and pedestrians to enter the zone.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta