HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugsley View Post
Actually, that is what I was referring to. This went to council and it got approval as a proposed development. Residents voiced concerns, people questioned if they wanted to live next to it, etc. What I don't understand is how something like this gets pitched, council approves it, then it goes up for sale within months. Other developers are potentially holding back on much needed projects thinking these big developments are going forward and will cool off the market, then they go "poof". It should not be allowed.
How do you propose to stop it though?

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugsley View Post
Actually, that is what I was referring to. This went to council and it got approval as a proposed development. Residents voiced concerns, people questioned if they wanted to live next to it, etc. What I don't understand is how something like this gets pitched, council approves it, then it goes up for sale within months. Other developers are potentially holding back on much needed projects thinking these big developments are going forward and will cool off the market, then they go "poof". It should not be allowed.
This is pretty standard everywhere. There are various levels/stages of approval. There should not be any "Percy holes" at this level of approval. Many projects are marketed to get the bump and often they never come to fruition in the original draft approved form, it at all.

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverD View Post
How do you propose to stop it though?
I can assure you no serious developer is impeded by this.

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:27 PM

Finally started the concrete foundation pour for the No Frills grocery build on 2NC. Expect to see steel erected within the next 2 weeks or so. Shoppers, BMO and the other CRUs including Starbucks are all enclosed now and proceeding quickly

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces