HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > Found City Photos

Old Posted Today, 5:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethereal_reality View Post
I am almost sure that we've seen this before on NLA ut if we have it's been many years ago.

My file says it was taken somewhere in Inglewood in 1951.

ethereal reality file

I'm hoping someone who grew up in the Inglewood area might remember this little 'Red Car' ride and where it was located.

Could this be the "Tinker Town" discussed on page 2599? It was in two locations on the east side of Crenshaw, south of Exposition.

Old Posted Today, 9:01 AM

Freedom Magazine

Here's a photo I got obsessed with a while back. It depicts none other than L. Ron Hubbard. I think it's an amazing photo; that's it. Nothing surreptitious. So all that's needed to restage this would be the location, some sunglasses, and a velour Navy uniform.

I didn't post it here because early indications were that it was in Portland, Oregon. But a Portland subreddit said there weren't many rooftop antennas there during WWII. It was then that I discovered a subreddit called r/wherewasthistaken. I posted the photo there, and two hours later I had the location: San Diego. Amazingly, all the buildings in the photo are still standing, but unfortunately modern buildings block the view so I won't be able to recreate the shot.

The dark building is the Pickwick Hotel, the white building on the right is the U.S. Grant Hotel, and the stairstepped building on the left is the El Cortez Condominiums building.

I tried putting an unsolved mystery photo from here in the subreddit group, but nothing much came of it. I did solve a couple photos myself, though. Anyway, you might find it interesting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wherewasthi...hubbard_taken/

https://www.reddit.com/r/wherewasthistaken/

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > Found City Photos