HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

Two World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Aug 13, 2024, 6:29 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

nearby amex would be a perfect client to get this built.

not a fan of the render, imo the design looks outdated, but its better than what is there now.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2024, 8:13 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamLYNY View Post
Nice spot, it looks like they might've extended them between this variation and the older one too? Like you said it could also just be rendering 'errors'.

https://i.ibb.co/CPFQwVZ/200-grnwtc.png

https://i.ibb.co/b6Rg7nD/200-grnwtc-2.png

Not sure why they would have that there. But it is noticeable in both renderings, all 3 in fact.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2024, 9:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Not sure why they would have that there. But it is noticeable in both renderings, all 3 in fact.

I actually don't mind them, they split up the verticality a bit...whatever that means.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2024, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiND View Post
I had assumed that AmEx was dead. It’s nice to hear that it’s not. That being said, this tower should diminish the office space to 1.5m sf at most and dramatically increase the residential and hotel space if that’s permitted.
This is amazing news. This is the first time we've had confirmation that Larry and AMEX are actually in talks.

The last time Larry spoke like this, he had FOX on the hook.

I suspect AMEX will anchor this tower and it will be completed before the 30th anniversary of 9/11.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2024, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The New York Lion View Post
This is amazing news. This is the first time we've had confirmation that Larry and AMEX are actually in talks.

I suspect AMEX will anchor this tower and it will be completed before the 30th anniversary of 9/11.

Last edited by ChiND; Aug 14, 2024 at 2:54 AM.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2024, 5:39 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamLYNY View Post

I actually don't mind them, they split up the verticality a bit...whatever that means.

It would give sort of a texture to the facade, breaking things up a bit.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2024, 5:45 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
If it were anchored in the next year or two I feel they could pull that off.

Here's to hoping.

Old Posted Today, 1:02 AM

Everytime I see this post pop up, I still hold onto a little bit of hope that it'll start rising!

Old Posted Today, 3:14 AM

Quote:

It seems that this tower is ready to start rising above ground whenever a tenant is signed. Isn’t the foundation, etc. at ground level?

Old Posted Today, 3:40 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
It seems that this tower is ready to start rising above ground whenever a tenant is signed. Isn’t the foundation, etc. at ground level?
It's actually above street level at this point. All of the lower levels have been built, and the access point to the PATH terminal (which was required for operational purposes of the teminal) is already open.

Old Posted Today, 5:53 AM

Question: why was the diamond design taken out of consideration? I apologize if this has already been answered. I only lurk periodically.

Frankly, the entire redevelopment of lower manhattan has been a disaster. Not a single one of the buildings is iconic in any way. IMO, they lack in imagination, inspiration, and fall short of paying tribute to the twin towers. I realize that office vacancy’s and dollars are the gate keepers to huge developments, but this is a very special situation and I feel like this could have really been a global landmark that replaces office space and paid tribute to the victims (although I love the foot prints).

This may be New York but it’s a city that stands for us all and it’s sad that the best they could come up with to rebuild better and stronger was 4 uninspiring buildings, one with a crappy antenna with no cladding.

Old Posted Today, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
It's actually above street level at this point. All of the lower levels have been built, and the access point to the PATH terminal (which was required for operational purposes of the teminal) is already open.

I didn’t realize that what’s above street level is part of the actual structure that will rise. Anyway, once they’re ready to build, I wouldn’t be surprised if the actual structure could top out in two years given the current state of construction. It would be nice if this is at least 800-900’ high by the 25th anniversary.

Old Posted Today, 12:16 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherguru18 View Post
Question: why was the diamond design taken out of consideration? I apologize if this has already been answered. I only lurk periodically.
I'm not sure, may have to do with floor layout?

Quote:
Frankly, the entire redevelopment of lower manhattan has been a disaster. Not a single one of the buildings is iconic in any way. IMO, they lack in imagination, inspiration, and fall short of paying tribute to the twin towers. I realize that office vacancy’s and dollars are the gate keepers to huge developments, but this is a very special situation and I feel like this could have really been a global landmark that replaces office space and paid tribute to the victims (although I love the foot prints).

This may be New York but it’s a city that stands for us all and it’s sad that the best they could come up with to rebuild better and stronger was 4 uninspiring buildings, one with a crappy antenna with no cladding.
I partially agree, they could have done better. I think 1WTC has a lot of potential but I dislike the mechanical floors where the plane hit and hate the unfinished top. If you factor those out it's a cool building.

If they ever finish all five buildings I'll be happy. It's certainly better than some of the other proposals for the site.

Old Posted Today, 3:12 PM
Sydney

My rendering of the complex with 2WTC and 5WTC's designs as they currently stand:

Old Posted Today, 6:21 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
I didn’t realize that what’s above street level is part of the actual structure that will rise.

Yes, it was built up to grade out of necessity. But it's been capped off for now obviously, until Silverstein can secure financing and tenants. Reportedly AMEX is kicking the tires.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xing Lin View Post
My rendering of the complex with 2WTC and 5WTC's designs as they currently stand:
Nice! Thanks.

After BIG's redesign (using the same foundations) and potential anchor tenant FOX News pulled out, everything was put on hold again.

https://www.archdaily.com/780635/big...-fox-withdraws

Quote:
Two major tenants, 21st Century Fox and News Corp have pulled plans to relocate to the BIG-designed 2 World Trade Center - the final building planned for the 16 acre site. 2 WTC was unveiled last summer after news broke that BIG would be replacing Foster + Partners as the building's architect. According to a report on The Wall Street Journal, the two media companies based their decision on the high cost of relocating; they plan to stay in their current Midtown site until at least 2025.

The project will be placed on hold until a new tenant is found.

Last edited by NYguy; Today at 6:33 PM.

Old Posted Today, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Your work is amazing as always, Xing! The latest version is gorgeous, though it looks better from the north, south, and east than from the west.

https://www.archdaily.com/976331/new...irrored-revamp

Old Posted Today, 8:34 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the update. But it just screams meh. Very bland for New York.

Old Posted Today, 9:46 PM
"Think about the Future"

When/ if AMEX makes the move you can almost guarantee there's going to be changes to the design just like JP Morgan's Tower in midtown they're going to want to tinker with their toy

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction