HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario

Old Posted Jul 24, 2024, 5:39 PM

Been noticing quite a bit of business activity and new commercial builds along a short stretch of Tecumseh road east between Pillette and Jefferson.

A new Shoppers drug mart is being built in the rose city shopping plaza by westdell. The existing shoppers building will be renovated into a no frills grocery store.
https://www.westdellcorp.com/wp-cont...e-Brochure.pdf

A couple other new builds in the area include a KFC which is complete, Popeyes chicken and commercial plaza and a Churchs chicken coming to the old Bob Reaume sports store. Looks like we have a new fried chicken district
Several new businesses have been moving into the area, too many to list.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2024, 6:34 PM

Anyone know when they’re planning on starting construction on all the proposals South of Wyandotte on the East End? East of Little River lots of land was prepped for Single Family housing and Multi Storey Residential buildings. Also any updates on the Banwell multi Storey buildings? Land was cleared north of the Via tracks but no shovels in the ground yet.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2024, 3:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick42 View Post
Anyone know when they’re planning on starting construction on all the proposals South of Wyandotte on the East End? East of Little River lots of land was prepped for Single Family housing and Multi Storey Residential buildings. Also any updates on the Banwell multi Storey buildings? Land was cleared north of the Via tracks but no shovels in the ground yet.
If I had to guess, we won't see any progress on the Wyandotte East projects for another year and a half.... maybe two.
Banwell might see some progress in the next year.
As of now, a lot of the bigger projects aren't due to start until 2025, some in spring but most in fall, according to the ConstructConnect site.

I was wondering if anyone has seen any renderings of the tower going up next to the old Princess Auto.
I remember them talking about it when it went to council for approval last year. I'm surprised to see site prep and piling already started... I've just never seen a render of what might end up going there

Old Posted Aug 2, 2024, 6:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselXL View Post
I was wondering if anyone has seen any renderings of the tower going up next to the old Princess Auto.
I remember them talking about it when it went to council for approval last year. I'm surprised to see site prep and piling already started... I've just never seen a render of what might end up going there
I don't recall ever seeing a render for it either. This development went through the approval process to shovels in the ground fairly quickly.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2024, 6:43 PM

Quote:
I believe the majority of the towers proposed are by Coco group. Phase 1 was approved conditionally by council with a reduced building height if I remember correctly. I think they are years away from starting the rest. With around 15 towers proposed in all by Coco group in this area (based on their city applications) who knows if they will all be built.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2024, 3:19 PM

Drove past the old Danny’s site on Riverside Dr. yesterday and saw a new rendering up, which looks really nice, and what looks like some equipment and piles of soil around. So hopefully construction will start soon.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2024, 3:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by north 42 View Post
Drove past the old Danny’s site on Riverside Dr. yesterday and saw a new rendering up, which looks really nice, and what looks like some equipment and piles of soil around. So hopefully construction will start soon.
They finally put up the accurate renderings that we've seen online for a while now and took down the original commercial/office proposal

Old Posted Aug 7, 2024, 5:25 PM

Construction begins on $15.5M Windsor city hall ice rink. Plan is to have it operational for at least part of this coming winter.

https://windsorstar.com/news/local-n...vSKVJlRg%3D%3D

Old Posted Aug 14, 2024, 6:28 PM

Property purchased for new downtown fire station.

The City of Windsor and Windsor Fire and Rescue Services are preparing for a big move.
https://windsornewstoday.ca/windsor/...n-fire-station

Old Posted Aug 15, 2024, 1:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio Mast View Post
Property purchased for new downtown fire station.

The City of Windsor and Windsor Fire and Rescue Services are preparing for a big move.
https://windsornewstoday.ca/windsor/...n-fire-station
Great to see a new Fire Station Downtown, next hopefully we can get a real new Main Branch Library..

Old Posted Aug 15, 2024, 11:20 AM

Demolition underway, tenant update coming for former Sears.

A new mall entrance to be created on the north end of the building and an announcement will soon be made on the site's future.

https://windsornewstoday.ca/windsor/...r-former-sears

Old Posted Aug 15, 2024, 3:11 PM

Devonshire Announces What Will Replace Sears Site

Quote:
Demolition underway, tenant update coming for former Sears.

A new mall entrance to be created on the north end of the building and an announcement will soon be made on the site's future.

https://windsornewstoday.ca/windsor/...r-former-sears

Devonshire Announces What Will Replace Sears Site.
https://windsorite.ca/2024/08/devons...ce-sears-site/

Old Posted Aug 15, 2024, 5:25 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Devonshire Announces What Will Replace Sears Site.
https://windsorite.ca/2024/08/devons...ce-sears-site/
I wonder what will happen with the existing Mark's and Sport Chek spaces?

I haven't been to that mall since the late 1990s!

Has there been any talk of residential development on the mall site? Proposals have been made at others.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2024, 5:46 PM

Work to relocate 'awkward' intersection near Windsor's mall to finally start.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/winds...gins-1.7295404

Old Posted Aug 20, 2024, 2:41 AM

Jefferson

Does anyone know if they’re planning on opening up Jefferson through the Airport lands in the future? Heard some talk about it with the new industrial area going in across from the new Hospital. Would be a huge bonus to have that straight North South connection directly to the new Hospital rather than having Emergency vehicles go all the way around.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2024, 2:59 AM

Quote:
Does anyone know if they’re planning on opening up Jefferson through the Airport lands in the future? Heard some talk about it with the new industrial area going in across from the new Hospital. Would be a huge bonus to have that straight North South connection directly to the new Hospital rather than having Emergency vehicles go all the way around.
I would say that this most likely won't happen. The long-term master plan for YQG, issued in 2010, shows the recommended plan having the runway extended slightly further east (can be viewed on PDF page 103), basically to where the gated access road is located now. The designated airfield reserve land also takes up enough space that there would be no way to route Rhodes or Jefferson around the runway.

Some of the alternative options show scenarios where Rhodes or Jefferson is routed around the runway, but they meander through the proposed industrial parks and there was no direct north-south option considered. Lauzon still remains the best north-south access option in the area.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2024, 3:04 PM

Quote:
I recall Councillor Kaschak making suggestions about this at a council meeting once but it was quickly shut down. IMO the airport needs to be relocated. Lots of development coming to the area.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario