HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Sep 3, 2024, 6:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by egb View Post
Question for the airline experts, are Jazz pilots based locally or do they often fly in from other hubs? (I have a Jazz flight that is shortly after the AC strike is due to start)
Jazz isn’t affected technically but if their pilots can’t get here then….
Current Jazz route map is pretty small out of Halifax, since Air Canada is using PAL for Q400 routes at the moment.

The only dedicated Air Canada Jazz routes are YHZ-BOS and YHZ-EWR out of Halifax for the month of September. Air Canada Jazz does a few YHZ-YUL routes a week for maintenance in Halifax.

EDIT: Looks like Pal takes over EWR and BOS October 1st. Jazz is flying a few YHZ-YUL flights in October for maintenance in Halifax.
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/c-gjzr

Jazz route map September:

Last edited by q12; Sep 3, 2024 at 7:12 PM. Reason: Pal takes over EWR and BOS Oct 1.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2024, 12:36 AM

This is very helpful, thank you!

Old Posted Sep 4, 2024, 5:17 AM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Goode View Post
Yes. It's puzzling when I hear people complain - as I fairly frequently do - about the lack of air service here and what a backwater Halifax is. They have completely unrealistic expectations and have no idea how well off we actually are. I daresay there's not another city of 1/2 million anywhere in North America that has anything like the direct flights Halifax does. As Keith points out, it's an accident of geography - but a very happy one.
The destinations and travel times are interesting and varied too, also due to geography. Major US cities, historical areas in Europe, and the tropical Caribbean. We have connections to Asia here but the Pacific is much larger and those are long flights. From Halifax you can get to NYC in 2.5 hours or London in 6 hours.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Transportation & Infrastructure