HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:24 PM

I think that area would be great for a 400' tower with a few in the 300' range. With both the current and future transit along North Temple and Redwood Road, this area would be great for taller buildings. It could even serve as a template of sorts for TODs along frequent transit lines.

I could see this possibly help to spur taller development around the 2100 South Trax Station and the Murray stations.

I do think that having this type of development next to the planned MLB stadium either under active construction or completed when MLB decides to expand, it may just swing the vote in our favor.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:19 PM
They all float down here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeographer View Post
Larry H Miller group wants building heights up to 400 ft at the Rocky Mountain power site. A few taller buildings on that side of town would really extend out the “downtown” feeling from our current pyramid structure.

As for MLB that’s still a few years out looks like our competitors for an expansion team are Austin, Nashville, Charlotte, and Raleigh. Would Austin be considered a western or eastern team? Hopefully they’re in the East and not the West like the Spurs are in the NBA, or we could be in for some competition.
None of those cities are much competition for Salt Lake. Austin isn't likely a viable option at this point.

Salt Lake's biggest competition is Portland - and now Sacramento. The latter has shown interest in landing a MLB team ever since the A's announced they would relocate there temporarily in 2025 (which they won over Salt Lake). That right there might put the kibosh on Salt Lake landing a MLB team. if Sacramento can prove a good location and can advance a stadium plan, they absolutely could pass Salt Lake in the pecking order.

There's also a lot of speculation that the A's move to Vegas will falter. If that happens, the only chance SLC has of landing a team is if the Millers buy the A's and move 'em here instead. But if the A's decide to stay in Sacramento, if Vegas falls through, the dream of a MLB team is likely dead as Vegas will certainly become the top expansion market as the MLB *really* wants in there.

I think Salt Lake is still better positioned vs Portland, tho.

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:47 PM

Yup. Sacramento is SLC biggest threat. I still hear nothing here in the San Antonion/Austin area about potential expansion to the area

Old Posted Today, 2:44 AM

Interesting to hear Sacramento is in the running for a team. That could complicate things, but I still think we beat them out for a team…hopefully

Old Posted Today, 2:58 AM
They all float down here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeographer View Post
Interesting to hear Sacramento is in the running for a team. That could complicate things, but I still think we beat them out for a team…hopefully
I think Salt Lake would have for-sure prior to April's announcement that the A's are playing there temporarily. I think that opens the market and gives them the edge IF they get a stadium proposal like Salt Lake.

Kings owner Vivek Ranadive is pushing the idea.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West