HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jun 1, 2024, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
^Thanks for this. How was the seating on board the aircraft? I assume because you were in an exit row, that it was coach. How was the legroom for an overnight flight? When I've flown British Airways business class to Heathrow, I remember having access to a lounge upstairs in the T4 international class concourse. Is that still there? I wonder if Air France could contract to use that since the flight to London is much later in the day.
Yep, exit row coach. I'm 6'3" so I always try to get something with extra leg room. I didn't feel the person behind me kicking my seat so I think the legroom is fine!

I snagged a biz class seat on the way back since I had to book separately due to the way I booked it and my multi-city itinerary. Amex Travel portal was offering a 15% discount on the outbound flight as part of their partnership with Delta. On the return, Air France was running a good deal when booking with points (at 99k FlyingBlue points, the economy seat was also on sale for 21k points).

The business class layout is in the reverse herringbone configuration and the service was fantastic, but service on both cabin suffers from not enough water service. But I think I'm just used to US carriers beating any other airlines really on this regard... I mean they typically have larger cups for water (8oz vs 4oz cups), a full-sized bottle of water waiting at your seat, and regular water service (hourly at the latest). The rest of the world seems to not get our love for our Stanley cups lol.

I forgot to mention, this is a Boeing 787-9 aircraft. And like a lot of modern wide bodies these days, you don't get a personal air vent anymore. On both legs, I found the cabin a bit warm at first and cooled down eventually. On the return flight, it didn't even get cold enough for me to use the blanket compared to the outbound flight.

The lounge upstairs is a Centurion lounge and an Escape lounge. Come to think of it, they probably contract with the Escape lounge since they're not exclusive and can pay to get access (even though they also contract with American Express).

Old Posted Jun 2, 2024, 2:26 AM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by halicem View Post
service on both cabin suffers from not enough water service. But I think I'm just used to US carriers beating any other airlines really on this regard... I mean they typically have larger cups for water (8oz vs 4oz cups), a full-sized bottle of water waiting at your seat, and regular water service (hourly at the latest). The rest of the world seems to not get our love for our Stanley cups lol.
There are so many things I like about Europe, but the aversion to serving plain water, chilled or with ice, has never made sense to me -- whether in restaurants or planes.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2024, 5:19 PM

It appears that AF is already expanding to 5x weekly starting next summer. Must mean the route is doing well or better than expected.

https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/240604-afjun25us

Old Posted Jun 5, 2024, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichTempe View Post
Heightened Demand: Air France Updates New Paris-Phoenix Service From Seasonal To Year-Round

https://simpleflying.com/air-france-...to-year-round/

Not surprised, but didn't think it would happen virtually immediately. Now we'll have to see if they increase the frequency as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxguy90 View Post
It appears that AF is already expanding to 5x weekly starting next summer. Must mean the route is doing well or better than expected.

https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/240604-afjun25us
So it went from seasonal, to year-round and from 3x to 5x a week in less than 2 weeks from starting service. I would say that's definitely doing better than expected!

Old Posted Jun 6, 2024, 3:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichTempe View Post
So it went from seasonal, to year-round and from 3x to 5x a week in less than 2 weeks from starting service. I would say that's definitely doing better than expected!
That’s good to know about this. I hear they are doing so well. I think it will be daily flights. Its has been successful. Let’s see how it goes for the next few years or so.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest