HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

View Poll Results: How many people will inhabit the Winnipeg CMA in 2026?
850,000-874,999 4 9.09%
875,000-889,000 9 20.45%
890,000-904,999 17 38.64%
905,000+ 14 31.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old Posted Jul 22, 2024, 12:21 PM

1,500,014 this morning.

On to 2 million now I guess!

Old Posted Jul 22, 2024, 3:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tall Forehead View Post
1,500,014 this morning.

On to 2 million now I guess!
Exactly. 1.75 is what I would like to see sooner than later.

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKGUY View Post
For Manitoba, I have been waiting for the 1.5 million mark for years.
Just as I await Winnipeg CMA @ 1 million.
I feel when the population reaches certain milestone numbers,
It becomes a bit of a bragging right & gets a little more noticable, especially for Winnipeg to hit a Million.
Yeah it's pretty cool. Too bad our infrastructure and public transportation doesn't reflect our population. I think that is really more of a mile stone, when we actually get a good public transportation system that Winnipeg deserves.

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:08 AM

I too enjoy going to Brandon. I enjoy the drive there and they also have better options when it comes to different Latin American cuisine. For a north American city of almost a million our options in Winnipeg are not good at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
I was in Brandon this weekend and will be back again this week. Didn't really get around town, per se, as we were at the turtle crossing campground. But Brandon always hits harder than I seem to remember and we enjoy our time there.

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisito View Post
I too enjoy going to Brandon. I enjoy the drive there and they also have better options when it comes to different Latin American cuisine. For a north American city of almost a million our options in Winnipeg are not good at all.
Don't knock Mucho Burrito...

Old Posted Yesterday, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisito View Post
Man, you can get good Mexican food in almost any small town in the US plains like Armpit, Kansas but when I asked a new hire recently, when I found out she was from Mexico, 'so, what're the best Mexican restaurants in town?' she just gave me this cold look and said "There aren't any." LOL

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Grump View Post
Man, you can get good Mexican food in almost any small town in the US plains like Armpit, Kansas but when I asked a new hire recently, when I found out she was from Mexico, 'so, what're the best Mexican restaurants in town?' she just gave me this cold look and said "There aren't any." LOL
BMC tacos are really good.

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:17 PM
There is always a way

Quote:
Originally Posted by FactaNV View Post
BMC tacos are really good.
Bmc is good. But I don’t necessarily see them as being a truly proper taco place. I am pretty surprised when I think about the fact that nobody has attempted to do a proper Mexican restaurant in Winnipeg that I’m aware of.
Federalist #10, James Madison

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusREIM View Post
Bmc is good. But I don’t necessarily see them as being a truly proper taco place. I am pretty surprised when I think about the fact that nobody has attempted to do a proper Mexican restaurant in Winnipeg that I’m aware of.
I guess it's based on where the immigrants go. You'll find unreal Filipino, Ethiopian, etc food in Winnipeg, unreal MENA food in Ottawa, unreal Mexican in Calgary, etc.

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:16 PM

Apparently the quality of Taco Bell has improved quite a bit in recent years. I would tell her to try that option.

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:35 PM

Not that this is the correct forum to discuss Mexican or any other cuisine, I found 30+ listing of which I would think 1 or 2 could perhaps satisfy? I am not into it enough to suggest but some are not chains... Friends of mine like La Roca, BMC -Was enjoyed by Mexican Americans visiting here, Sargent Tacos, Burrito Del Rio, Habanero Sombrero, Burrito Splendito, Barburrito, Guac Mexi Grill Winnipeg + more.Again,I am only trying to help.

Last edited by BAKGUY; Yesterday at 9:15 PM.

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKGUY View Post
Not that this is the correct forum to discuss Mexican or any other cuisine, I found 30+ listing of which I would think 1 or 2 could perhaps satisfy? I am not into enough to suggest but friends of mine like La Carnita, La Roca, BMC -Was enjoyed by Mexican Americans visiting here, Sargent Tacos, Habanero Sombrero, Burrito Splendito, Barburrito, Guac Mexi Grill Winnipeg + more
La Carnita was unfortunately a victim of the Pandemic. It's now Commonwealth Restaurant.

Burrito Del Rio is probably my favourite place for burritos. Sargent St. Tacos is #1 for tacos (get the fried cheese with any tacos and you'll come back for more).

La Panaderia on Princess street is a cute little bakery, but they also serve food! The nicest family runs it.

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post
Apparently the quality of Taco Bell has improved quite a bit in recent years. I would tell her to try that option.
Taco Bell: Not even fit for dogs.
I remember Taco Bell. The last time I ate there was 1998. Thir cheese nachos were so gross that I tried to give them to my dog, who in turn attacked me after smelling it.

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutroniks View Post
La Carnita was unfortunately a victim of the Pandemic. It's now Commonwealth Restaurant.

Burrito Del Rio is probably my favourite place for burritos. Sargent St. Tacos is #1 for tacos (get the fried cheese with any tacos and you'll come back for more).

La Panaderia on Princess street is a cute little bakery, but they also serve food! The nicest family runs it.
A Mexican couple I know who moved here love La Panaderia.
I forgot about Carnita closing.
I can't eat much Mexican food but looks like we are all trying help out with suggestions.

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDog204 View Post
Taco Bell: Not even fit for dogs.
I remember Taco Bell. The last time I ate there was 1998. Thir cheese nachos were so gross that I tried to give them to my dog, who in turn attacked me after smelling it.
That's so funny. I recall my folks first family dog refused to eat home made hamburgers from 2 of my aunts. They were not good cooks.. where as my mom, dad, grandmas, great grandma were great cooks and he loved their food. lol

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:25 PM

^Probably had too many onions. Dogs hate onions.

Anyways, let's get back to the thread or rather, the subject at hand.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan