HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jul 9, 2024, 9:56 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by harls View Post
It was brand-new in 2012. We took a road trip from Ottawa via S. Ontario, Detroit, Chicago, Minneapolis.. That van was ruined by the time we got to Manitoba.

5 and 2 year old passengers will do that.
Definitely

19-20 year-olds will do that too. My ex's car was kept in immaculate condition until her youngest got a driver's licence. Afterward everything became greasy with random fries and wrappers and personal items strewn about, and the car began to smell. At the time I still had a vehicle with a manual transmission, so I was basically the only driver... had we stayed together I have little doubt my current one would have suffered a similar fate.

And had we stayed together, an EV may have been an option - the previous owners had put an outlet in the garage, which also had a separate breaker panel. I was going to have an electrician add a couple of standard circuits before we split, but was able to get a converter that at least let us use the outlet for "regular" electrical needs.

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:21 AM
Mooderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingViking View Post
Definitely

19-20 year-olds will do that too. My ex's car was kept in immaculate condition until her youngest got a driver's licence. Afterward everything became greasy with random fries and wrappers and personal items strewn about, and the car began to smell. At the time I still had a vehicle with a manual transmission, so I was basically the only driver... had we stayed together I have little doubt my current one would have suffered a similar fate.

And had we stayed together, an EV may have been an option - the previous owners had put an outlet in the garage, which also had a separate breaker panel. I was going to have an electrician add a couple of standard circuits before we split, but was able to get a converter that at least let us use the outlet for "regular" electrical needs.
My kids are 17 and 14 and there are still Skittles under the seat and plastic wrappers from Jos Louis in the god damn door handles.

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:02 AM

We picked up our Mustang Mach E from Toronto on the weekend. It had a full charge when we left the dealership in Vaughn and the battery was at 13% when we arrived at our place in Ottawa. Over 420km on a full charge, pretty good.

I'm far from a electric car devotee but we looked at our driving habits and the electric car was a no brainer. Now I'm looking at charging station locations on google maps all the time! LOL!

Old Posted Yesterday, 12:12 PM

Sweet. Love the Mach Es. Definitely what I would buy if I was in that price point.

Old Posted Yesterday, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innsertnamehere View Post
Sweet. Love the Mach Es. Definitely what I would buy if I was in that price point.
We are leasing. Because of the advances in battery tech you may be buying something that is devalued in 4 years.
At least that was the advice we got in our research.

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
We picked up our Mustang Mach E from Toronto on the weekend. It had a full charge when we left the dealership in Vaughn and the battery was at 13% when we arrived at our place in Ottawa. Over 420km on a full charge, pretty good.

I'm far from a electric car devotee but we looked at our driving habits and the electric car was a no brainer. Now I'm looking at charging station locations on google maps all the time! LOL!
A Better Route Planner and Plug Share are very helpful apps when it comes to all things charging

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
We are leasing. Because of the advances in battery tech you may be buying something that is devalued in 4 years.
At least that was the advice we got in our research.
Very sensible. The second generation EVs of most major OEMs should be better and cheaper. They are learning a ton and batteries are getting cheaper and better.

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:23 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
A Better Route Planner and Plug Share are very helpful apps when it comes to all things charging
Charge Hub is good too.

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
Seconded. Must have apps.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada