HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jul 10, 2024, 3:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
The City Council voted 7-0 to approve the Smith Plan. It now heads to the state committee, where it will certainly pass, then back to the council for a final vote.
Yippie!! This is going to be a game changer for downtown. I cannot wait to see these blocks finally connected. Here is a link to the meeting if anyone is interested. I have a lot of respect for the council members as they really worked hard negotiating with SEG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZzQ2OcCqAk

Old Posted Jul 10, 2024, 6:18 PM

There should be some publicly available documents of the presentation by SEG. Can someone pull them up?

Old Posted Jul 10, 2024, 6:31 PM
Space Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
There should be some publicly available documents of the presentation by SEG. Can someone pull them up?
There was no presentation or new information yesterday, just prepared statements by the council and a vote.

The text of the deal came out last week. Here's the city's information page.

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:48 AM

I am still recovering from the disastrous IHC plans... one of the projects I was looking forward to the most

Unrelated but here are some pics of 218 W 300 S from today albeit different times. It is really coming along and it looks much taller to me than it did in renderings. I want more wall-to-wall so bad

Rendering

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:10 AM

No surprise at all at the unanimous council vote for the SEG plan. That was basically just a formality at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i-215 View Post
You make me pose a question I hadn't considered.

Let's say there are new high and mid-rise buildings in the Entertainment District. And then, in some future year, more mid and high-rises along the Rio Grand Plan area (assuming it happens). And the Power District project.

Will one day new the SLC skyline hide the entire old one? Like, the COB, Wells Fargo, temple, etc. all no longer visible?
I doubt it. I don't see having the level of skyscraper development needed in the next 20-30 years to block the view of our current tallest buildings. It could definitely look quite a bit different though.

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:20 PM

Im assuming that the Sundial is dead; JLL removed it from their website and you can no longer pre lease it.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:01 PM
They all float down here

Bummer. That was my favorite of the planned towers.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:09 PM

Sundial could’ve been really cool despite the massing being wide and stubby like most other high-rises here. The new architecture in our skyline needs more colors and angles, and most importantly more textures.

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCHenry View Post
Im assuming that the Sundial is dead; JLL removed it from their website and you can no longer pre lease it.
What about the 15? story residential that was going to be built near it? I think it was next to the court house. Also, I believe someone on here had a part in its planning. Any idea if that one is still going forward?

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockies View Post
I am still recovering from the disastrous IHC plans... one of the projects I was looking forward to the most

Unrelated but here are some pics of 218 W 300 S from today albeit different times. It is really coming along and it looks much taller to me than it did in renderings. I want more wall-to-wall so bad

Rendering
Does this one have ground floor retail?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West