HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Jul 16, 2024, 8:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverranchdrone View Post
How about an electronic billboard to cover up the entire goofy building?
I wish. It would be dope for people who walk from dirty 6th -> West 6th or just drive on 6th street in general

We can just dream

Old Posted Jul 17, 2024, 4:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverranchdrone View Post
How about an electronic billboard to cover up the entire goofy building?
As strange as it sounds to say some advertising would make this look better, I totally agree. Thinking back (and I'm sure there are pictures of it hiding in a thread somewhere) to the Fairmont during this past SXSW, they had an extremely large banner advertisement for Halo covering a side of their podium, and it was far more interesting IMO than the existing blank wall/event space windows.

I suppose it ultimately depends on the developer or whomever the future landlord of the building is and whether they're even willing to entertain putting advertising there. But across all of downtown, Austin has surprisingly little advertising compared to Dallas/Houston/Others.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2024, 4:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geckos_Rule View Post
As strange as it sounds to say some advertising would make this look better, I totally agree. Thinking back (and I'm sure there are pictures of it hiding in a thread somewhere) to the Fairmont during this past SXSW, they had an extremely large banner advertisement for Halo covering a side of their podium, and it was far more interesting IMO than the existing blank wall/event space windows.

I suppose it ultimately depends on the developer or whomever the future landlord of the building is and whether they're even willing to entertain putting advertising there. But across all of downtown, Austin has surprisingly little advertising compared to Dallas/Houston/Others.
I've been secretly dreaming about this for years, covering all of our ugly parking podiums with light up screens ala Times Square.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin